DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so my drop in bed liner has finally been cut and drilled in so many places its time for a change. I am deffinetly commiting to a spray/paint on bed liner. What brands have you guys had success and failures with. Along with chippin and flaking I am conserned about fading as i plan on also doing the rocker panels and around the rear wheel wells b/c of some serious rust that I am in the process of repairing. I am avoiding Rhino and Linex and the such because of the cost. thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Save up, don't skimp, and get yourself some Line-X. It's worth it and will last years longer than anything cheap...so rather than having to buy a cheap one twice, get the best up front. Just my .02--and you won't regret it once you see how nice it is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
well...not sure what your budget is, but I have to say that I paid a bit extra back in December of 2000.....to this very date I have had no problems whatsoever with my Line-X.......and its been put to the test many a time.

I'd have to agree and say save up. Those roll-on jobs just won't cut it....unless you never haul anything.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Line-X and Rhino Lining are the 2 best products on the market. I researched the hell out of this same topic when I bought my first truck several years ago. Line-X was the clear winner. It's applied better, holds up better, and lasts longer than Rhino Lining. Otherwise, it's a tossup. Everything else is going to be basically the same thing.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Just go for the best & invest in a BedRug....

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've seen alot of spray-in bed liners and you just can't beat the look of a nicely sprayed line-x.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I believe it's rhino that you can get in colors. I've always thought it would be cooler to do a spray in liner (white) with a blue or black rams head against the cab so whenever people look in its got that extra custom touch

I would de want a colored liner of I was doing my rockers too

·
Registered
112 Posts
I believe it's rhino that you can get in colors. I've always thought it would be cooler to do a spray in liner (white) with a blue or black rams head against the cab so whenever people look in its got that extra custom touch
I would de want a colored liner of I was doing my rockers too
LINE-X offers color matches and some dealers offer logos.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
That's awesome!! I gott hammer the dents in my wheel wells out then it's time for a bed liner!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rhino liner is soft and things don't slide on it easy. That can be helpful or annoying.

Line-x is harder (than Rhino) and things slide easier.

Herculiner is a great DIY system that is low cost and holds up very well.

I have used all three and prefer Rhino or Herculiner.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rhino liner is soft and things don't slide on it easy. That can be helpful or annoying.

Line-x is harder (than Rhino) and things slide easier.

Herculiner is a great DIY system that is low cost and holds up very well.

I have used all three and prefer Rhino or Herculiner.
I'm guessing you had standard black LINE-X and you did not have LINE-X Premium. LINE-X Premium has better grip than standard black LINE-X.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts