DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 1500, 5.7 with 3.92 gears, which I've put about 6 rear ends in in the past year. all have been yukon "posi" setups installed by several different shops. it has a cam and a few other odds and ends and makes decent power. I do a lot of burnouts and donuts in it and race it a little as well. just wondering if there is a good swap like a SRT-10 rear end swap or any good aftermarket parts yall have had luck holding power with? TIA!

·
Registered
102 Posts
That rear is plenty strong for what you're doing with it, this makes me think whoever is working on it is doing something wrong. I had a 9¼ rear in front of a 440 in an old Monaco; if it survived the torque of that beast it'll survive your cammed 5.7. Worst case scenario, the D60 from an SRT quad cab will physically bolt in, however now you have 4.56 gears (if you have a 4x4 you have to change the fronts to match) and it requires a custom driveshaft to mate it. Depending on what is wrong with your truck now, there's no guarantee that it will survive long term either. Fix the problem first, then upgrade if needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts