DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Best CAI for the Hemi?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
at Firebird friday my best was 13.44, Chris (silver qc ram) ran a 13.28 sprayin... I didn't run on Saturday (tranny issues) but Chris ran a 12.90..the weather was great saturday..

·
Registered
879 Posts
OK, I've got an Ram Hammer (BFI) my 4x4QC Hemi Ram weighs 5985 lbs and is stock except for JBA's, Ram Hammer, and a Predator canned 91 octane tune, Maine only has 91 octane. Any way, today I ran a 9.769/71.32 mph at Winterport Dragway eighth mile track. A freaking Tundra shortbed reg cab was running as fast as a 9.147/ 75mph. Still 9.7 has got to be close to a 14.9 in the quarter mile and I was able to whomp a bunch of Silverados! I'm sure that the Ram Hammer is worth a couple tenths and the sound at WOT is quite incredible.
wow, thats not too bad at all...from what about a 15.7 stock, down to a 14.9???

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
S&B is a nice option havnt heard anyone talking about it on here though. Supposed to put out more power then the others. Looks nice too haha

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
..S & B looks nice...but it's smaller the the Bfi i have..I need alot of volume for my needs..

·
Registered
34 Posts
...I rather see track numbers then dyno numbers for cai's...dynos for cai's are skewd because the vehicle isn't moving, some cai's work better as speed get's progressively faster and you can't see that on a dyno..that's why a Bfi will show the same or only slightly better then say a k & n or mopar cai
What kind of mods do you have?

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I have the Bfi cai, Spartan camshaft, big valve heads, longtube headers, cat deletes, true dual exhaust to dual e-cutouts to dual in/single out magnaflow muffler, 2600 stall tq verter, 4.10 gears, efan, diablo predator with custom tune..

·
Registered
25 Posts
chefred112 how is your tranny holding up with the power increases. Only bad things i hear about dodges are the trannies. This is my first one.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
chefred112 how is your tranny holding up with the power increases. Only bad things i hear about dodges are the trannies. This is my first one.
yup..yur right..i've had 2 tranny rebuilds thus far..then again, i have 170k miles on her too, but i think my tranny iisues is somewhat related to the tuning so I'm trying to figure that out..

·
Registered
25 Posts
So should i expect to probably tranny issues with only slight mods. i already have a flomaster 44 single into duals. was planning on getting bfi, predator, possibly a cam and flex fan. i dont tow or anything its just a driver and to haul my dirtbike around.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
So should i expect to probably tranny issues with only slight mods. i already have a flomaster 44 single into duals. was planning on getting bfi, predator, possibly a cam and flex fan. i dont tow or anything its just a driver and to haul my dirtbike around.
naw, I think your good bro...I went 150k mile before the first time it went out, unfortunately, since i was one of the first users of diablo my tranny was a victim before they had updates to solve them...if you are considering a tuner..get the new superchips..

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I thought everyone swore on the predator here?
I still support them cuz they are the only ones that can do true custom tuning..my truck wont run without it..

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have used Airraid in an 06 Ram I had, my 09 gets the same brand. lots of power I find, above average numbers, great sound and incredible throttle response. Price is mid range.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
:smileup: Just my own opinion K&N:smileup:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts