DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 dodge 2500 hemi just wondering what would be the best cold air intake for power and maybe a little better mpg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is no "best" one out there, and it is argueable that CAI's povide any HP or MPG gain at all. If there is one that I would consider, it would be the Vararam. Search it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i was in your same position not to long ago but ive heard u dont want the vararam as a daily driver cause the mounting is kinda flimsy but i also think it looks stupid lol but hey IMO at least it does.... i went with the aFe stage 2 dry filter..... i wanted the air raid i liked the look and overall quality but it was pretty spendy.....honestly im sure other then the vararam they all get and do the same thing......oh and the volant with the ram box as well just look around and find what u want but be sure before u buy anything get in contact with Clark our autoanything.com rep on here hes good at getting us fixed up

·
Registered
247 Posts
amazon for mine. 74 dollar plus shipping, didnt use the filter that came with it. i had a k and n cone brand new in the box from my mustang days that i used with it instead.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies i am leaning towards a kn fipk whats everyones thoughts on them for quality and performance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just installed my k&n like two weeks ago, I have already picked up about one to two mpg increase. Throttle response is a lot better, it is a lot louder than the stock Intake when you are mashing on the gas but you can definitely feel a difference. I love mine definitely worth the price!!!!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Went w/ a BFI that i brought dirt cheap on eBay. Speaking of dirt i added a dirty bay pic below.

isn't that one for an LX?....

·
Registered
83 Posts
i went with the kn 57-1533 and am pretty happy with it. when im on the highway and i want to pass another vehicle thats when i notice the "increased" power. city driving it is pretty minimal. cant be for sure if the engine note is louder since i have the exhaust dumped under the passenger side so its already at a high drone.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Humble opinion

The vendor guys on this board are not going to like this.
In fact, it might even get censored.
So read this quick.
In my humble opinion, OEM air boxes are about the best going. Especially late model.
I had a 2007, so I have personal hands on experience at least with that one.
First of all, plastic ducting does not retain heat like metal ones do.
Heated intake air is a bad think.
Second, the OEM air intake is from behind the headlight, if I recall, bringing air from outside the engine compartment.
Third, nothing wrong with a new, clean air filter.
I've tried the re-useable filter, with three initials, and it is a maintenance headache with no appreciable gains in performance.
This information is on an "If I were you" basis.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i went with the kn 57-1533 and am pretty happy with it. when im on the highway and i want to pass another vehicle thats when i notice the "increased" power. city driving it is pretty minimal. cant be for sure if the engine note is louder since i have the exhaust dumped under the passenger side so its already at a high drone.
just wondering if that added any more km to a tank on highway and in city, thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
just wondering if that added any more km to a tank on highway and in city, thanks
i have single cab and as it sits i get 17.2 MPG on highway at 70 MPH and drops to somewhere around 15 in the city. im pretty light on the pedal though. Went 345 miles (roughly 555 km) on 20 gallons (highway), 93 octane no tune. I don't know if that's more or less than what you normally get, but like 720 km with 26 gallons.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have single cab and as it sits i get 17.2 MPG on highway at 70 MPH and drops to somewhere around 15 in the city. im pretty light on the pedal though. Went 345 miles (roughly 555 km) on 20 gallons (highway), 93 octane no tune. I don't know if that's more or less than what you normally get, but like 720 km with 26 gallons.
Ok thanks just wondering what your mpg on highway was before and after the kn cold air intake.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went with k&n and I love it, price wasn't bad and I'm seeing a couple of mpg gain.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I use Air-raid and love it. Yesterday I got 19.4 mpg running 73mph on a 186 mile trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts