DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are very pleased at the number of Minotaur RAM 1500 conversions being ordered from dealers in states all across the USA, but surprised at the color choice. White is the number one choice so far. Of course... that may be due to one of our first DEMO trucks being white, as well as the truck we used on the JUMP COURSE at the Barrett-Jackson event in Scottsdale. We currently have additional trucks in red, grey, black and yellow on order, with a couple more custom color versions in process. So... keeping in mind that we eliminate any chrome, add the wide fenders and the low-profile front fascia, what do you feel is the best color to show-off the trucks new aggressive lines?? We'll send a few Minotaur T-shirts to some of the best reasons behind your suggestions!!:smiley_thumbs_up:

There are a few additional photos on our MINOTAUR page, at: http://www.prefix.com/Index/Minotaur

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd say go red. Black bumpers, black toolbox, maybe some small red accents on the black somewhere. I'd say a hood graphic with a minotaur head, maybe blowing steam or something.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Personally I would love to see how a 2 tone metallic brown top with brilliant black metallic lower color would look, All of the fascia /fenders should be black and the minotaur symbol on the front grill should be in a gold/bronze metallic color (NOT bright yellow) like the ring on a minotaur's nose would be. I like keeping the red tow hooks. Gives it that tough minotauresque look to really go with the theme. The bright greens etc are more eye catching for sure and I get that some people want them just to be noticed and white is a staple but something like this would be a different color combo then you see everyday and would make the differences stand out just a little bit more.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Sublime Green is obviously a very good choice, as is Detonator Yellow, but y'all beat me to them apparently.

I would say something like a (Race) Hemi Orange; and B5 Blue, maybe a little darker than B5 though.

Red tow hooks with B5 :strokin:

A Dark Green like the F8 paint you could get on a ~'69 Charger would look good too and with black tow hooks-give it that sort of militant look that a lot of guys are after who want trucks like this with the black wheels and all. It would also give it that sort of Mopar muscle feel. Maybe take the flake out though.

I really want to say Plum Crazy, but IDK how it would actually look on a truck like that.

IMHO, you're putting a big, performance Hemi in it, its not there to pussyfoot around. Bright muscle car colors are what it deserves, preferably original Mopar ones or something close. Not Furious Fuchsia though, I still can't appreciate that one.:LOL:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I liked the Sublime Green one a lot.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Tequila Sunrise Orange! Comprehend/burnt copper! Love my attention grabbing colors, especially if you opt for the 392!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'm with Thunderhorse on the Hemi Orange, B5 Blue, Plum Crazy, and Sublime.

How about a Blue Streak, or Chrysler Corporate Blue (Mopar Blue)?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Damn, Brandon has rolled out a new profile pic and some good new ideas!!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Damn, Brandon has rolled out a new profile pic and some good new ideas!!
Took some new pics yesterday and thought, why the heck not?! I even added most of my pictures to my user gallery so they are all in one place!

·
Registered
1 Posts
All beautiful color choices! But I'd say you'd be amiss to your design if you skipped out on the P-40 Tiger Shark paint scheme. That would be sweet.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
All beautiful color choices! But I'd say you'd be amiss to your design if you skipped out on the P-40 Tiger Shark paint scheme. That would be sweet.

I think that'd actually look really good with the headlights and grille of the 4th gen Rams :smileup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts