DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've been looking to put new headlights on my truck.I have a 2003 and I was attracted towards halos with projectors. After looking into them I discovered that ccfls are better then normal halos. And just recently discovered that you cash use leds instead of ccfls with less issues and a better final product. I'm curious about brands and if I can purchase them with the leds already installed. Thanks guys

·
Registered
479 Posts
yes. you have 2 different things with the ccfl and the leds. the leds are going to be most visible at night and not very visible during the day. the ccfls will be visible during the day and at night. the best looking lights that ive seen offered are at specdtuning.com and spyderauto.com but i think there are halo kits that you can get that are visible at night, though you will be able to tell that they are leds since they dont have a continuous ring around them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everywhere i have read says that leds are visible are night and day also but are brighter then ccfls. The difference i was told between them were that leds were brighter and had less problems, but the problem i'm having is finding them already in a ballast. This is because i'm slightly scared to buy i set of projector headlights and tear them open to put leds in them. And the same with my fog lights

·
Registered
479 Posts
well it might depend on the brand of led halos, but i am pretty sure the ccfls will be brighter if they come already in the housing. and if they are already in the housing, they will come with a ballast. the lights from spyder auto come with them, i believe, and they also have instructions on their website on how to install the halos and ccfl rings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts