DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, so I just purchased my second Ram, a 2012 1500 Express Crew Cab (pics coming soon) ans wanted everyones opinions on the best HID setup for the truck. It is the non projector style lights. I am completely clueless when it comes to understanding the specs, like 8000k? The outcome I am looking for is something bright, white, and wont completely blind oncoming traffic! Whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Upgrade to projector lights and stay with a 5000K HID setup. Check out Retro Shop as many including myself have been very happy with them. He also sells the projector light setup with wiring harness for your truck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Agreed. I've ran Morimoto HIDS since my first install and wouldn't trust much else on the market as they have a rapid warm up time and small ballast

·
Registered
16 Posts
I run hids from vvme.com have used them for all my vehicles but would recomend only using the digital slim balast as they last the longest. I usually get 5plus years out of a set and they only cost $30 best deal that i know of for a product that i know works. But you should never use hid's unless they are shining through a projector because they really hurt the eyes of oncoming traffic because of the glare and can cause accidents. As for colour of hid try to stay in the 5000k range for best distance of light travel but for the sacrifice of very little distance i personally think 6000k looks best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts