DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering on input of brands of long-tube headers..

I know i want stainless as I live in Michigan..

Also, are headers really worth the price??

THanks
Joe

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Happy w/ my Hedman LT's and its very noticeable in the mid-upper rpm range. Brought it w/ its 3" ORY for $250 off a local member. It was already CC which was a nice bonus.

It a very nice supporting mod.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
It was 2-3 hours at most w/ the seller doing most of it since he was familiar with it already. I did the Belltech rear sway bar since i got it the same time.

The whole stock manifolds and gibson catback was removed and the LT and ORY was installed in its place only so it was quite the experience driving home with nothing after the Y pipe. The install was trouble free and nothing to trim. I did not reuse the cats so we did non foulers to keep CEL popping.

I drove like that for a few months until i decided which muffler i wanted and then had a shop weld in the extra piping to the muffler and then exit out the passenger rear side. The headers have been on and off a few times since then but they are still holding up great.

This is on a 04 1500 2WD.

how was the install on that kay.....PITA or just took awhile but not to bad?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Being 4x4 the OPs truck will take longer just because of the room difference.

IMO ARH is the way to go when going "best" header out there. Fit and finish is second to non and so is customer service

1 - 5 of 5 Posts