DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Cl
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best mods for fuel economy.. power, hors,e torque that I can do for my 2004 quad cab SL? 2500 5.7L
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
105 Posts
Definitely a superchips programmer for the 04. The one with trans support is far superior to any other programmer on the market for your year. Then you could do exhaust and cai but the superchips is where you should start.

·
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pipe

I'm replacing my exhaust pipe Tommorrow any advice. It's full of holes. Looks like a goat chewed in the tip. I bought it with a glass pal which makes the truck sound Like shyt.
Any help would be good I have the usual box stores here also what does a chip cost:box2:

·
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
srry about the spelling

My phone likes to auto correct everything. It's a glass pak cherry bomb.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I responded in your other thread on exhaust. Get a Magnaflow muffler and you'll love the sound. I believe it's the superchips 3815 you want and they go new for about $320. I bet eBay has some used ones but if it's still married to the precious owners truck then it's worthless to you so save a headache and buy a new one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
And don't buy a flowmaster muffler. They sound great but rust very easily. If you already have major rusting now then a flowmaster will be toast in just a couple years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For exhaust all I did was replace the factory muffler with a section of stainless steel straight pipe. Was very cheap and the truck sounds great. I was also kind of on a budget. And for an intake I bought a k&n stock replacement filter and Swiss cheesed the lower section of the air box.

Also if you haven't already check out www.airram.com he has several products for the 5.7

1 - 10 of 10 Posts