DODGE RAM FORUM banner

281 - 300 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Molded Mopar Mud Flaps - how do they look?

Thinking about putting flaps on my truck, but I would like to see how they look first. Have been looking at all of the Rams in my area, but have yet to see one with the flaps on. This causes me to wonder??

Can anyone share a pic of what the molded mud flaps look like on a RAM? Thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thinking about putting flaps on my truck, but I would like to see how they look first. Have been looking at all of the Rams in my area, but have yet to see one with the flaps on. This causes me to wonder??

Can anyone share a pic of what the molded mud flaps look like on a RAM? Thanks for sharing...
I ordered a set of these. It was super easy to install since there isnt any drilling just use the existing holes and molded perfect :smiley_thumbs_up::smiley_thumbs_up:

https://www.realtruck.com/weathertech-molded-no-drill-mud-flaps/R181576P2017Y2712MA.html

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Bought the factory flaps..(actually about $150.00) hopefully this is helpful..

Be sure to put some quality 3M clear tape under teh flap else it will rub the paint of the truck where it hits truck body. Known issue , reason I gave mine away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Q: Mods under $100 - DZ or Stabilus Tailgate assist . . . UP instead of down ??

I received the Stabilus version as a birthday gift. I am impressed by the quality of the fixture studs and the instructions are good, BUT I want a strut that does the OPPOSITE of what these do - pressurized in the closed direction.

I don't need assistance lowering the tailgate, but I would like resistance against gravity putting it down nice and gently, and some assist lifting it back up. Anyone know of a strut designed "backward" ? In other words, I'm looking for a door closer, not an opener :) Oh yeah, and maybe a locking sort of "strut" on the other side to lock the tailgate down in case of a light long load over rough road to avoid tailgate 'flutter'.

Thanks for any info.

bspRAM

2018 Laramie CC Hemi

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just put this on my Drivers side mirror.
KM10 Blind Spot mirror.

Fits like a glove.
Aligned perfectly with the outside edge of OEM mirror.

$20, shipped, form Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MEHTGTX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comes with two mirrors.

Did not like the view on the passenger side, mounted top right corner of that mirror.
Removed it and trying to decide where and how to place it, next.
Drivers side alone was worth the $20, for me.

I drive a lot of Interstate and the drivers side blind spot is the one I use most.

Cannot recommend these mirrors high enough.
Think they are going to be like the Dee Zee Tailgate assist - a Must Have Accessory
Bought and installed these - IMO a superior product. They've been on since mid-winter, and they show no signs of delaminating, no de-silvering, no scratching. I highly recommend - fit is perfect to RAM mirror edges, at least for the non-towing mirrors that I have.

The only trouble with this thread is that if i do all the under $100 mods, it could cost thousands ! ;)

bspRAM

2018 Laramie 1500 CC, Peragon bed cover, Rhino spray-in bed liner, Bed Rug, OE bed lights, OE tow hooks, OE w-to-w tubular side steps

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bought and installed these - IMO a superior product. They've been on since mid-winter, and they show no signs of delaminating, no de-silvering, no scratching. I highly recommend - fit is perfect to RAM mirror edges, at least for the non-towing mirrors that I have.

The only trouble with this thread is that if i do all the under $100 mods, it could cost thousands ! ;)

bspRAM

2018 Laramie 1500 CC, Peragon bed cover, Rhino spray-in bed liner, Bed Rug, OE bed lights, OE tow hooks, OE w-to-w tubular side steps
Where did you get them??

·
Registered
8 Posts
idk if it counts but on my 02 ram I added the old "pork chop" leveling kit for under 100,The convex Mini mirrors for under 20 dollars when I started towing but my best was led plug-n-play auxbeam headlights with a buffing restore to the lenses. I can see so much better at night!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I picked up a piece of textured plastic off E Bay and the GPS arm. Around 9$

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got window tinted on the front two windows. 33% was as dark as the State allows. But that shade matches, or appears to match, the factory tint on the rear glass. Ziebart metal film was $99.00, while the ceramic film was $149.00. I went with the ceramic, so it came in over the $100 mod....but it looks great, and the wife likes it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bought the factory flaps..(actually about $150.00) hopefully this is helpful..
Are those the heavy duty rubber flaps or the molded plastic ones? Really hard to tell from your pictures.

I have the rubber ones on my 15. rear only for now. the instructions say to remove that rear wheelwell protectors. I dont think it looks right. .Tried it both ways. With the protectors on it leaves a gap between the flap and the plastic well at the top in the wheelwell. Was hoping to see an expample of factory or dealer installed rubber flaps. Havent yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The DuraFlap mud flaps start at $90 for the front and $95 for the rear. before the member discount Do not have to drill any holes to install and they give full coverage for the truck and trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been slacking on posting these. Last two:

~$82 air bags in anticipation of getting a bigger camper. Even on my popup, bed full of junk and the family, they made a big difference on ride hide and corrected the little hint of sway I would get over rough pavement.

~$80 something bed carpet. Very nice on the knees and keeps stuff where I put it. I wouldn't have put this over a spray in, but I have a factory plastic liner that was rough on the knees.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts

Thats why I normally avoid this thread.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Molded Mopar Mud Flaps - how do they look?

281 - 300 of 324 Posts