DODGE RAM FORUM banner

301 - 320 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
You don't see them often because so many of the dealers include the advertising mud flaps on their trucks.
The molded look like good coverage on a Dakota. With the taller 2500/3500 they do not protect completely and will not give great protection if you tow a boat or trailer, but will give a lot of protection.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,173 Posts
Molded Mopar Mud Flaps - how do they look?

Thinking about putting flaps on my truck, but I would like to see how they look first. Have been looking at all of the Rams in my area, but have yet to see one with the flaps on. This causes me to wonder??

Can anyone share a pic of what the molded mud flaps look like on a RAM? Thanks for sharing...
I've got these, Husky mud guard ITEM# 58146.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
With a little design and install work, one could install a micro switch and light to show when it is open. Easiest is a quick should check before exiting the vehicle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is one that will save you fuel every time you drive. Although, it is more noticeable when you are driving at speeds above 40mph. Wheel covers for your RAM. One sheet of LEXAN cost me $90-$100, and the parachute cord was like $5. Had to cut these to fit the wheels...mine are factory 20s, so 20.5" works nice to go edge to edge, except where wheel weights are. And had to cut spots to run the parachute cord through.
But...you could go a big box store (Home Depot, Lowes, Furrows, etc) and get some corrugated plastic, say 4 mm thick, and do the same thing. Those are closer to $20 than $100. That is what I made my first set from. The picture is the LEXAN ones I made. You will need to secure these to all 5 spokes, because the wind forces on the front wheels will tear the cover loose if it is not secured good enough. How do I know? Because I lost two straps on one of the front LEXAN covers and nearly ripped it in two as it broke.
*NOTE: You will need to clean the wheels more often, as there isn't the airflow removing the brake dust.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not for nothing, for what we pay for these trucks, and the potential safety risks of driving with an open tailgate, these trucks should come from the factory with some type of warning system for an open tailgate. Wife’s 2015 Wrangler let’s me know if the tailgate is left open, why not our Rams?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not for nothing, for what we pay for these trucks, and the potential safety risks of driving with an open tailgate, these trucks should come from the factory with some type of warning system for an open tailgate. Wife’s 2015 Wrangler let’s me know if the tailgate is left open, why not our Rams?
Not sure about previous years but my '19 has a tailgate warning on the dash similar to door ajar.

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts
Yep, I have the little warning light on my Bighorn dash, too.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
My 2014 doesn’t have that.

·
Super Moderator
6,173 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
When I was in college, I bought a gallon of spray in for $50 at Harbor Freight. Forget the brand name now, been a few years. But my wife's uncle owns a used car dealership and I worked there at the time, so I was able to use the shop and a spray gun one night after work to do the job. For being a cheap product, it held up fine for the next 4 years that I had the truck, never had a cap or anything on the bed and parked outside every day.
Basically, Chrysler will refund money, for medically necessary equipment. Example: up to $400 for side steps or running boards.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Hikari LED headlights. Much brighter then oem and no problems once the headlights are adjusted properly.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
This thread can get expensive.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I like my mirror condom's :O Great protection :O from snow and Ice build up when parked ! You do not have to wait on the mirrors to heat up :)
Mirror Cover.jpg

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hikari LED headlights. Much brighter then oem and no problems once the headlights are adjusted properly.
how is the adjustability of the light?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
just torx screws? does it adjust vertical and horizontal?

301 - 320 of 324 Posts