DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone..

Not sure if anybody has spoken of this yet. Just last week I installed a "Sprint Booster". It remaps your throttle control. Gives you three settings, stock, intermidiate and extreme. It has taken any pedal lag out of the throttle. I can comfertably say it has improved the trucks overall enjoyabilty of an easy 40%..

total cost = $350+tax CAD

install time = less than five minutes

tools needed = zero

Ide recommend it to any hemi truck owners.!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey everyone..

Not sure if anybody has spoken of this yet. Just last week I installed a "Sprint Booster". It remaps your throttle control. Gives you three settings, stock, intermidiate and extreme. It has taken any pedal lag out of the throttle. I can comfertably say it has improved the trucks overall enjoyabilty of an easy 40%..
It adjusts the accelerator tip-in rate? Interesting....

·
Registered
381 Posts
This looks promising, I really hate the throttle response lag.

This is my first automatic transmission vehicle ever and I thought there was something wrong with it when I first started driving it!

What kind of impact did it have on your mpg?

·
Registered
236 Posts
congrats on the new mod. sounds interesting.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It looks good I think it is a bit on the pricy side. But I'm intrested to learn more.

·
Registered
369 Posts
*subscribed* Okay, I'll bite. I'm interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm a little interested as well but not considering the fact that it's strictly for throttle response.

The $340 CAD price doesn't interest me at all though. heh

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Sounds a little fishy to me and since it cost more then a tuner. I would just be patient and wait for a tuner.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I want something like this - the lag when I step on the pedal is quite annoying. Just sold my 2001 Dakota with 4.7 v8 and the throttle response was instant. My new 2011 RAM 5.7 takes like a whole second before the accelerator does anything. Very strange.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i'll wait for the tuner also. however, when i put the a/t into 5 instead of default, it's a little better.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Just and FYI that a tuner will not improve the response from the pedal. The store that I got my SC cortex tuner had one of these setup for demonstration. It is an interface between the pedal electronics and the ECM. It provides a much quicker response than the stock pickup. It is an expensive mod however considering what it is doing I would not want to skimp on it and I would only buy one from a reputable dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Everyone. Sorry haven't been on in a few days to address some of the concerns.

In regards to miles per gallon... its so discresionary considering its all how you drive it.. The "extreme setting" is seriously bad [email protected]!!! and there is no doubt it may effect your mpg a bit.. But on the flip side.. you dont have to push the pedal much at all to keep at a even coast.. ide think it would be little if any loss in mpg. I personally have noticed no diffrence at all. Just recently we had a huge dump of snow, this has effected my mpg. So its tough to really say where it stands??

For those of you that are still under warrranty. There is no detection that this piece was added to your truck. Meaning if ever you had any problems, it would be a five minute un-hook of the "sprint booster" and she's back to stock with nothing to denote changes were made.. seemless!!!

For the negative feedback I saw I regards to the cost of this product... I'll put it simply.
If they had two brand new trucks side by side on the lot. One was "standard dodge setup"..... And one was the lets say "sport responce package".................. Now knowing the diffrence this product makes.. Ide think one would be inclined to pay an extra $1000-$1500 more for the better truck!!!! Its only $350!!! you paid 30-45K for the truck !! thats 1% hahhaha

Lastly "Sprint Booster" puts a 30 day return allowance on the product. Full refund.!! ide say you owe it to yourself to just give it a try... it takes literraly five minutes to install!

YOu would think im being paid by the company for putting such a great post up for them.. Im just so impressed with the product , I feel the need to strongly spread the good word.. Enjoy my friends!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not sure how paying $300 for a product that only changes the throttle percentage of where your foot is, is a good investment. If you want more throttle, just push it in farther... but hey more power to ya.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Until you have tried it... I just simply cant take any negative feedback.... It's a totally diffrent truck. !

·
Registered
147 Posts
1stBIGRIG, THANX for the write up I think it might just help a few undesided owners to look into it further...cheers. :smileup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts