DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried the Bosch oil filters? I ve always used Mopar (and honestly they really seem fine to me), but i saw the Bosch fileter for 3 times the price as the Mopar filter the other night...i almost got caught up in the "it costs more so it must be better" hype...so i thought id ask!

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm suspecting that the Bosche filter that I just installed isn't up to the task. I've got another thread going HERE that pretty well explains it.

I'm just hoping that when I swap out the Bosche for the Mobil 1, everything will work itself out. What I find strange is that I never received any indication that there was a malfunction, just my noticing the low RPMs and MDS...

Exco
the necessary subscription has been added :smileup:

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
what's a filtermag?
i googled it and it appears to be a magnet that you put on the outside of your oil filter to catch any metal filings and keep them attached to the filter casing...

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh I see. Does it really do anything? Why not just let the filter do it's job?
good question. ive never heard of it before this post.

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
:eek:ld: I hate to resurrect an old dead thread, but im hoping some of you guys that respnded have subscribed to the thread.

Im headed to the U S and A this weekend (cleveland more specifically) and im wondering where you guys are buying your wix or royal purple filters.

I tried Carquest in NY state, but the guy kinda pushed me to getting the Carquest filter that he claimed was made by Wix...while the packaging said so, id feel more comfortable buying the original wix filter (or royal purple or K&N if reasonable).

any places you could point me would be greatly appreciated...oh and if your from the cleveland area, a good bar/eats type of place.:beerchug:

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
HAHA...yeah my sad attempt at a borat reference...

thanks sean,,,ill look at napa as long as they are of the same Wix quality

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
well i was able to finally find a wix filter while in cleveland this weekend..two different stores and finally one with the correct filter in stock. pretty reasonable too at 6 bucks (much less than the K&N or Mobil1 and same as the Mopar). The real difference i noticed between the Mopar and the Wix for the same price was that the Wix had the coil spring whereas the Mopar had the leaf spring...i know that was a consideration someone pointed out earlier in the thread.

got it installed today. so far so good...im happy with it, but i have no idea what id be looking for to know that i wasnt happy!! HAHA

anyhow thanks for all your help. ill post an update should one arise!

· Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hopefully you bought a few of them for the road!

I have had all Wix in my truck with 22K now, and I always run K&N on my bikes! The nut on the end is money....and the magnet thing sounds excessive because most drain plugs are magnetic and pull the stuff out when the oil starts dripping back into the pan after the engine shuts off.
my intention was to grab a bunch, but if you can believe it, they only had one in stock...hence the stop at 2 stores...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.