DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of getting a Rough Country 6" lift. i can either get the Hydro 8000 series shocks or the Nitro 9000 series shocks. Does anybody have either of these or have input on them? just wondering which one would be better

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
actually was thinking about it. does anybody have airbag lifts? would like to look into that as an option if they're not bad

·
Registered
884 Posts
Airbag lifts are usually custom on IFS trucks. Kelderman Air ride makes them for solid axle trucks. Here is a link to a truck that has a custom airbag lift. If you can stop staring at the hot chick the left and focus your attention the the lower right (drivers side wheel) you will see the bag snugly fit between the upper and lower a arms. I think you should stick to the rough country lift unless you plan on dropping big dough.
http://www.rollingbigpower.com/ssp_...4bkw0PjkseXRmJzcmLjc5JzIyNyo5LTsiKyQ+JzE/Pzs=

·
Registered
884 Posts
Back to your original question... Go with nitro shocks over hydro shocks any chance you get. The nitro will perform better.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have to admit it was real hard to focus on the airbag :smiley_thumbs_up: but thanks for the info. there's a guy in town who traded his cummins for a quad cab 1500 with air bags and its amazing (as is the one in the link) but i figured it would be a nice chunk of change to do that. so yeah RC lift for sure. and ill go with the nitro shocks. thanks a bunch

·
Registered
260 Posts
Airbag lifts are usually custom on IFS trucks. Kelderman Air ride makes them for solid axle trucks. Here is a link to a truck that has a custom airbag lift. If you can stop staring at the hot chick the left and focus your attention the the lower right (drivers side wheel) you will see the bag snugly fit between the upper and lower a arms. I think you should stick to the rough country lift unless you plan on dropping big dough.
http://www.rollingbigpower.com/ssp_...4bkw0PjkseXRmJzcmLjc5JzIyNyo5LTsiKyQ+JzE/Pzs=
Kelderman and Rough country should never be in the same thread.... any ways why dont you just hold on to that money and buy some quality shocks. I made the COSTLY mistake of getting rough country 6'' lift with Nirto shocks for a 05 1500 and had to switch it out for a Fabtech. BUT, if you just want a lift to roll around on and not take it off road, yeah get a RC lift.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey no more beat downs on the Rough Country lifts! I've got the Hydros because i couldn't find a difference between them. Like if you doing rock crawling with a ten inch lift then no way if your going to an average bog, sand pit what ever my kits holding up great and couldn't be happier. I don't know what people got against them...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ive been told they have improved over the years, i mean the hardware is decent... its the shocks. THE SHOCKS SUCK...ALOT!!! Trust me, just drop the money on some bilstiens or procomp and bitch about price once, rather than buy RC shocks and bitch when you have to repalce them...

·
Registered
260 Posts
how long have you had your shocks? mine stared sucking about 8-9000mi mark. and what was weird my drivers side front shock was real stiff and the rear shocks felt like there was no shock at all. i thought my back end was gonna slam on the ground

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
price is one of my factors though. ill just go with the rough country because i always liked them. ive heard fabtech is better and procomp is good. but i think im going RC. then i could just always upgrade shocks. and im not going to do tons of offroading. some mud holes now and then and tear up some fields

·
Registered
162 Posts
oh i have had mine for about 5000km so i guess there is still time. Although i do more off roading than the average person, that would put extra wear.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,226 Posts
@SUL7ENAZ that truck is sick. That girl is not too bad either :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
RamItAll....i just got the 5" for my 4x4, it comes from RC nitro shocks...the site i ordered from tried chargin more for the nitros...but the description said 4 Nitro 9000 shocks...plus they come with the kit so why not use em till they die, hell most of the shocks out there are just rebranded monroe shocks!!

If you aren't happy with them after time deff replace them with the bilstein 5100's heard great things on them and that will be my next shock!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts