DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bilsteins are always a great option you have the 5100 series which improves ride on street and off, as well as the 6112 series which is more of an off-road setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I've got an 03 Ram & I don't really go off road, but I do haul a bit of firewood now & again. Should I go with the 5100 front & rear? I had stock shocks for years. I replaced engine in 2016 & I put Monro shocks on front & rancho in back & I've never liked it. Ranchos ok but the front sucked. Thanks guys. Oh my 03 has the 17 wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If your truck is a daily driver and you never put much of a load in the bed then it does not matter what you put on. Bilstein 5100's are popular and well rated by their owners. For rear wheel hop the shocks are not the problem but the nature of pickups. Add a good sway bar to the axle and the wheel hop will be greatly diminished as I found with my 2500 diesel truck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but are there any other options out there for new shocks on the Ram 2500 6.4L? I have a 2000 pound camper that's on the back for most of my trips and I do go offroad some. Muchas gracias in advance.
BG
I've had Rancho RS9000 adjustable dampening on my rock quarry flatbed Ram 2500 4WD V-10 for 20 rears now and have had up to 6000LBS( with 5000LBS air lift)and HIGHLY recommend them.Yes it was overloaded and did not sway on the road from steel yard-definately added 10+psi over recommended E plies to 90psi(3 year old tires).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 03 3500 dually RWD and have been looking at the AL-KO 813016.
Has anyone had these with favorable results.
I use it for a daily driver and also plan on using it for some hotshot hauling.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts