DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, long time reader lol
I have a 2011 4x4 sport
Had a blow out with OEM goodyear wrangler HP 275/60/20 rear passenger tire, One other tire looks a little beat, the other two are ok. I have 33,500 miles on it, rotated every 6-8000 miles.
First question what is a good replacement?
second, would you recommend just replacing two tires and maybe waiting till later. I still need change the plugs lol

Great truck but definitely some issues, had a tranny leak that I brought back 12 times

any info is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Go to the wheels and tire section....and read up....there's a million choices out there....depends on your driving style too.

S.

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
HMMmmmmmmmmmmm

wonder how a passenger side rear tire wears out well before the others
:LOL:

i know, no LSD !!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No lol, The truck is extremely well kept, tires rotated every 6000. The looks ok, it does seem that these goodyears wore out a little quick. I am not HARD DRIVER, NO OFF ROADING, the truck is babied

Now i see online alot of statements that the tires are nt that good and most of tire places i called seemed to shy away from them, even goodyear recommended the sr a instead

·
Registered
677 Posts
If your planning on keep the truck stock but want a new tire get a good all terrain (AT) tire in the same size as stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont do 4x4ing, or off road, I do alot of highway and city driving,, I am in north east so we do get snow though lol

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'd look at Michelin A/T2's. Or Hankook Dynapro ATM's for a more aggressive tire. I have Cooper Zeon LTZ's, and I'll be lucky to get 30k out of em.

·
Registered
15,695 Posts
not crazy about the stock goodyears on my 2011 sport, but i hear good things about goodyear duratracs. very popular on the jeep forums. i will be giving them a close look when i need new tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to go with the continental lx20, I found a place that they were under 900 out the door. Everywhere else wanted 1100. Funny thing is If i went with the goodyear sr-a they were more money lol

Ill let you know how they are. Really shocked all that money for this truck and you get s.... tires , 30,000 miles and they are toast lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
I also have the cooper zeons and love the looks of them. Decently aggressive looking for an all terrain, ride nice and are quiet. Only have about 5000km's on them though so I can't vouch for wear

·
Registered
718 Posts
I am a bfgoodwrench at/ko guy love the tire. But I am looking at the nitto tire and am leaning to the Michelin ltx at2. I know a few older guys who hate noise and love these tires. We all were bf good and nitto tire guys. Buy if you are never going offroad this is a good tire. if you might go off road once this is a good tire. and it looks simi agressive but is very mild. And Michelin have a great warrenty. Also I just put 4 michelin's on my wife's Grand Prix and I got buy 3 get one free from farm and fleet plus Michelin is running a 70 dollar gift card hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seems like the continentals xl20 s are getting 50,000 and they claim to be a 70,000 mile tire so we will see lol
seemed like a good deal, 900 out the door and that is including a dodge rim (plain black) that they will put the best wrnagler hp on to use as a spare instead of that flimsy donut that comes with it

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I run the Hankook DynaPro ATM's. Better than the GY's in most respects, but the GY's are quiet and give a nice ride. I think they both are 40,000 mile tires if you drive easy. The biggest complaint with the GY's was the hydroplaning after 30,000 miles and poor snow performance. Perhaps if I lived in Arizona, the GY's would be perfect. I might look at the Firestone Wilderness AT or Michelins next time. I'd give the Hankooks 3 stars.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I've got the Cooper Discoverer Plus in the stock size and I couldn't be happier. Granted we have a Cooper Tire plant not too far from here, so Cooper's tend to be just a little less than they might be else where...

I got mine about 2 or 3 months ago for $966 out the door, included mounting, balancing, road hazard, and life time free rotation.

Exco

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I just installed a set of Firestone Destination le2's on the truck. They got as good a rating as I could find without going to a really expensive tire. So far I've logged about 3k miles on them and have nothing but praise. I don't go off road so I wanted quiet and long lasting. All four, out the door, was $800 in Long Island, NY for 20" wheels.

I guess the only knock would be if you want an "aggressive" looking tyre. Personally I don't really care. I think they look fine, but I just want them to work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
First time poster, long time reader lol
I have a 2011 4x4 sport
Had a blow out with OEM goodyear wrangler HP 275/60/20 rear passenger tire, One other tire looks a little beat, the other two are ok. I have 33,500 miles on it, rotated every 6-8000 miles.
First question what is a good replacement?
second, would you recommend just replacing two tires and maybe waiting till later. I still need change the plugs lol

Great truck but definitely some issues, had a tranny leak that I brought back 12 times

any info is greatly appreciated!!!
I think the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo offers the best combination of smooth street driving and A/T tread to get you through the snow or off-road. Went through 2 sets on my F-150 and will be going with them once my Goodyear HPs are toast. :smileup:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo offers the best combination of smooth street driving and A/T tread to get you through the snow or off-road. Went through 2 sets on my F-150 and will be going with them once my Goodyear HPs are toast. :smileup:
Ran these on my jeep grand Cherokee and they are the best all around tire I have ever ran.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I went with the continentals... Love them... AND they are awesome in the snow, super smooth and quiet.. Im impressed for a highway tire. I have 10k miles on them now so time will tell.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts