DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Best Wearing Tire

2086 Views 20 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  cyrus19
After some research I think I've figured out the lift in going to put on my truck. However I'm now shopping for wheels and tires. I'm finding mixed reviews on about every tire out there. What do you guys think is the best wearing tire as far as mileage is concerned? I'm looking in the 35 inch range on 20 inch wheels. Thank for the help.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
662 Posts
You can easily get 60,000 miles out of the BFG AT KO's with normal care.

· Registered
662 Posts
I'm not sure why BFG and a lot of companies use the metric sizing for their AT tires but not their MT's. The 325/60-20 AT KO is essentially a 35x13.00-20 tire. You shouldn't need spacers if you are running a wheel with the correct backspacing.
I've had several sets of BFG AT KO with no issues. However, I did have one set of 35's that I purchased used from a "friend" because they were supposedly a "deal" (they were a size too large for a truck he purchased). Two of those had a defect and would cause a steering wheel shimmy at 60 mph when they were rotated to the front of my truck. Lesson learned, never buy a set of used tires!

· Registered
662 Posts
A lot of people will quote the Maggnuson/Moss (spelling?) warranty act, which basically says that the dealer has to prove an aftermarket part caused a failure. However, dealers have a lot of say in what is and what isn't covered. You have some dealers selling new trucks with full suspension lifts and superchargers and some that threaten to void your warranty if you go up one tire size. When I purchased my Wrangler, my dealer agreed to buy and install my lift kit as part of the deal as well as buy back my OEM tires/wheels so I could install larger aftermarket items. Best advise is to ask YOUR dealer. If you don't like the answer, tell them you are going to take your business elsewhere.
But the whole idea of the lift has to be a Mopar part and they have to install it is complete BS. If that was true dealers could void your warranty if you do your own oil change and use a Puralator or K&N oil filte!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.