DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I think I've narrowed my tire search down to the BFG All Terrain T/A KO. From what I've read here, they seem like a really good all around tire. I want a more aggressive look, a better tire for towing and just an upgrade on the crappy stock rubber.

So anyways, I'm trying to figure out what would fit on the stock 20 inch rims. I will also be getting some sort of lift or level done as well, whatever I need to do to not rub.

Would the LT285/65R20/E fit on the stock rims? How much of a lift would you need? I think the conversion is 35 x 11.22 x 20.

Is there a better tire size I should go with?

Would love to see pics if you have them!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm runnin the bfg at's in 285/65 on stock wheels with just a leveling kit. Ill try and get you a pic tomorrow since the weather sucks today...

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have them in 275-65-20 no lift, no level. had a very slight rub on plastic wheel well liner where it bumps out on drivers side at full lock only. does not rub anything else

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is the tire Im planning on running next winter. I've seen one of them on factory 20's..in the 285 size...Look good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

Anyone else have any pics?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am probably getting the same tire next week. How would a 305 55 do? I am also contemplating a 5100 shock level. What size would be best on a stock rim. I thought about doing a 325, but without flares, I don't want to jack up my paint from road debris. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am probably getting the same tire next week. How would a 305 55 do? I am also contemplating a 5100 shock level. What size would be best on a stock rim. I thought about doing a 325, but without flares, I don't want to jack up my paint from road debris. Any thoughts on that?
I thought the 305 might be too wide, where the 285 is taller and narrower. Guess it depends on what look you want.

Did you order the tires yet?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm runnin the bfg at's in 285/65 on stock wheels with just a leveling kit. Ill try and get you a pic tomorrow since the weather sucks today...

would love to see the pics if you get a chance!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts