DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hunting every thread I can find and keep getting conflicting information. I even called BFG and they told me to go into a local dealer and ask (very odd).

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 v8 sport 4x4. I'm majority of the time unloaded. The tires are on stock 17" Ram rims. What should I fill these up to? I'm going to do a chalk test later, yet I'm curious what would be a good starting point. The shop filled them to 40psi to match the door, so that's where I'm at right now. They have a bit of bulge at the bottom, so I'm guessing there a tad under-filled.

From what I've gathered, 50psi should be good for this size? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
I have the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in that very size. I run 45psi and they have hardly any wear after 18 months.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in that very size. I run 45psi and they have hardly any wear after 18 months.
Nice, those were actually my second choice. If you have any pics do post, would love to see it!

Thanks for your response, will add a bit to what I have now.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've been hunting every thread I can find and keep getting conflicting information. I even called BFG and they told me to go into a local dealer and ask (very odd).

I have a 2016 Ram 1500 v8 sport 4x4. I'm majority of the time unloaded. The tires are on stock 17" Ram rims. What should I fill these up to? I'm going to do a chalk test later, yet I'm curious what would be a good starting point. The shop filled them to 40psi to match the door, so that's where I'm at right now. They have a bit of bulge at the bottom, so I'm guessing there a tad under-filled.

From what I've gathered, 50psi should be good for this size? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have KO2 in 285/65R20 size. The shop told me that since they are an LT ten ply tire, they recommended 45 PSI. That's what I've been running and it seems to be working well....:smileup:

·
Read Only
377 Posts
I have the KO2's LT275/70/R17 in E Load Rating and I keep mine at 54 lbs all around. I recall BFG recommending 50PSI up front and 55PSI for the rears.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Chalk test them, the chalk will show you what psi you need to run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts