Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YouTube - Where's the Beef

Do you remember this classic Wendy’s commercial where the old lady (Clara Peller) asked the question
“where’s the beef”?

Just like she couldn’t find the small patty of beef lost in a giant bun,
I ponder the question “where’s the HP”?

Hi, Lance here. . . CEO/President of Airflow Innovations Corp. the manufacturer of the BFI family of air intakes.

I am concerned with the legitimacy of the performance data that you the consumer are exposed to
when it comes to marketing claims of how much HP is generated
by an aftermarket Air Intake system.

Specifically, I believe there have been
OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS of HORSEPOWER improvement by some manufacturers.

What bothers me is that the typical consumer may not realize that these types of tests,
if not conducted under "best engineering standards" and practices of strict and controlled environments
can be easily manipulated to show whatever the manufacturer wishes to see
i.e. the claims of XX horsepower can be easily manipulated.

As the CEO of a company that manufactures air intakes I have tested basically every style and brand of intake currently on the market
AND under a standardized test regimen, the HP and Torque numbers claimed by most companies,
in our opinion, are wildly exaggerated.

I avoid using charts or graphs related to the performance of our intakes
unless they have been created by an independent body and even then I attach a disclaimer warning people
that the test procedure is not be what we would recommend.

So WHAT can WE do about this….

Airflow Innovations Corp.is hereby issuing a challenge to any and all manufacturers
to beat the performance of the BFI air intake.

The loser…will pay $ 500.00 to the winner’s charity of choice.

This is my idea of a basic framework for the test protocol but ultimately this decision is to be defined by the participants.

TEST VEHICLE; 2003-08 RAM 1500 equipped with a 5.7 liter motor.
1.) The tests be performed on a certified completely stock vehicle
2.) The test vehicle has been verified and documented by a certified mechanic to be operating within factory published specifications.
3.) The test be run with the engine in a “fully hot” condition i.e. est. 212 degrees as agreed to by both parties.
4.) All intakes be installed and tested by an independent facility within a reasonable amount of time on the same day.
5.) All tests be conducted by a Certified operator of the test equipment
6.) Test equipment to have been calibrated within its factory specifications and documented as complying.
7.) All intakes be tested under the same environmental conditions
8.) Average of 10 pulls will decide the best performing air intake.
9.) IAT sensor be installed with no additional harnesses. (the stock position)
10.) A representative of each air intake manufacturing company certify the above testing facility and equipment before the tests are conducted.
11.) All costs associated with the testing be shared between the companies that are having their intakes tested.
12.) Funds required for the testing including the charity donation be held in escrow until such time as a winner is decided.
13.) That an individual is agreed upon by participating parties to asses the test data and determine the winner. (the judge)
14.) All test information will be kept private until a final determination is made as to the best performing intake by the certifying agent.

The certifying agent has the obligation to publish (within the public domain) the test results.

That the manufacturer be able to document that more than 100 units/examples have been sold/delivered by the date of test.

If you, the manufacturer, think your intake can outperform the BFI air intake then contact me and we would be glad to arrange a showdown....

Lance Lattrulo
Airflow Innovations Corp.
1-877-670-2233

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
This sounds more than fair to me. Put up or shut up right!:smileup:

·
Registered
16 rebel hemi quad cab
1,289 Posts
call up k+n and please beat them up, Ive always hated their claims and higher prices all just b/c they out market smaller companies. I liked my 100$ cheaper than k+n airraid more than the k+n I used to have

·
Registered
96 Posts
Would love to see this up against the Injen power flow air intake. They make some pretty hefty testing / performance claims on their site.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can't wait to see this!! Wanna see BFI VS Vararam and Airaid 220!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
:box: These big companies with big claims will not show up! They don't want to chance their claims being disproven and getting their pants beat off by a small company such as BFI! I don't see the vararam making any more power on the dyno unless there is a big ass fan set up in front of the truck. The Vararam would probably crack into pieces and fall off of truck during testing, and to think I almost ordered it about a year ago.:att:

·
Registered
945 Posts
I can't wait to see this!! Wanna see BFI VS Vararam and Airaid 220!
That would be so freaking awesome.

:box: These big companies with big claims will not show up! They don't want to chance their claims being disproven and getting their pants beat off by a small company such as BFI! I don't see the vararam making any more power on the dyno unless there is a big ass fan set up in front of the truck. The Vararam would probably crack into pieces and fall off of truck during testing, and to think I almost ordered it about a year ago.:att:
but yeah i don't seeing any of the name brands stepping in, they would have their PR departments shitting bricks saying, "we can't compete with this??? what are we gonna do??"

·
Registered
542 Posts
are you still as cocky about it after waiting 7 months or how ever long its been? and there have been indapendant tests done on the Vararam and Bfi (Ramhammer) on a dyno, and where it meets the real world at the 1/4.

·
Registered
945 Posts
are you still as cocky about it after waiting 7 months or how ever long its been? and there have been indapendant tests done on the Vararam and Bfi (Ramhammer) on a dyno, and where it meets the real world at the 1/4.
none of us who are waiting are cocky bro. we just want our shit shipped.

are you asking whether or not there have been tests done? yes there have been, it's back on the other "bfi new thread"

the better title for this thread should be "BFI; putting it's money is Lance's pocket, pissing on it's customers, and outright lying to them about production/ship dates."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.