DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at an out of town dealership looking longingly at trucks while I wait for mine when I noticed something interesting. Listed under comfort group on a big horn was heated steering wheel, heated seats, and. A/C Auto temperature control with Dual Zone Control!!! This was about the only feature my wife really wanted that wasn't available on a big horn. My order has been sitting on VON stage with no VIN for about three weeks. Dealership said Ram changed the package to include dual zone based on customer feedback. Ram says if I ordered the comfort group (I did), then my truck should have the updated package since I haven't gotten beyond VON status. I tried to call my dealership to confirm since the wife loves dual zone, but they were closed. Yes, I know it seems like a minor feature, but we have it in our other vehicle and love it. She likes tropical heat, I prefer a cool breeze while driving. The dealer pointed me to the link below about the change.

Edit: apparently I can't post link. Allparnews.com dated 3/12/15

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had left a message at dealership and they called me back and said I should be good to go with dual climate since I ordered the comfort group and the 8.4 radio. They said since my order hasn't hit "D" status yet, it will convert over. Makes me not feel so bad sitting sub "D" now for about three weeks with a VON but no VIN. Totally worth the wait for dual zone.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
That's news to me. I had it on my last truck, but it was Chevy. I can't say I miss it , we just close the vents to what we like. Since it doesn't affect the fan speed. I.Do think it should of came with it though. Mine is loaded and I told the salesman when I was looking that it should of came with it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers!!! I ordered mine on 3/2/15 and it went from C into the D stage few days ago per spp on the track my truck forum, but no build/delivery date has been set yet... So I hope to get the update.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allparnews 3/12/15

Today, Ram told dealers that, when customers buy both the comfort group
(AGF) and RA3 or RA4 8.4 inch-screen stereo, they will now get dual zone automatic temperature control as well.

The change affects Ram 1500 Big Horn and Outdoorsman, Ram 2500 and 3500 pickup SLT, Outdoorsman, and Power Wagon with Crew Cab or Mega Cab, Ram 3500 Chassis Cab SLT Crew Cab, and Ram 4500 or 5500 Chassis Cab.

The price of the Comfort Group varies from $700 to $1,290 depending on model and transmission, with the manual transmission being substantially lower in cost for the Ram 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs and the Ram 2500 and 3500 pickups. There is no manual on Ram 1500, and on Ram 3500, the price is the same regardless of transmission.

Buying the comfort group or RA3 or RA4 stereo alone does not provide the dual zone thermostatically-controlled heating/cooling system.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Tralbos, I also ordered on 3/2, though mine is still in order status. Per my dealership, if the status changed to D after 3/12 then you should get the updated package. Caveat being, I am repeating what dealer told me, which may or may not be totally accurate. But my dealer has been great to many of my friends who have recently purchased there which is why I chose them and they have given me no reason to doubt so far.

Also I did note a slight increase in comfort group cost to $495 in my area with the update, but well worth the extra $100 in my opinion.

·
Registered
969 Posts
That's awesome news for you guys who will get the dual climate control now when ordering a Big Horn. I always thought that should have been an option when ordering the Comfort Group. An Auto climate control button would have been nice to have back when I ordered my truck in '13

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well, that's interesting. Glad they finally made this change but I wish they'd done it before I put in my order for a Laramie. It would have made me rethink a few things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, that's interesting. Glad they finally made this change but I wish they'd done it before I put in my order for a Laramie. It would have made me rethink a few things.
X2 I never would have ordered/bought a Laramie if I could have gotten dual climate in a big horn instead.:doh: Would have saved me a few grand on extra options I didn't really want. My 2004 chevy had auto climate and it felt like a step backwards not to have it in a 2015 truck.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Dual climate has been out for years, had it on my 2001 Lincoln LS, rarely used it, I don`t even use it on my 2014 sport, come with my sport from factory, should be standard on the big horn, that's a model up from the sport. I wouldn`t worry about it, unless you paid extra for it and didn`t receive it,

·
Registered
15 Posts
While I wasn't going to spend the extra to get a higher trim that has this, it certainly is a nice surprise. I ordered on the 12th, but my dealer said there was no way to know if I made the cutoff until the truck arrives.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The point is it should of really been on the big horn. I had it on my silverado and did feel like it should of been on this one. Chrysler does some cheap ass things sometimes. I have a loaded citadel that didn't come with dual exhaust, and every other v6 suv that I looked at did.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My truck, ordered in January, built on 2/21, delivered last week, had the dual zone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Outdoorsman (ordered January 9th, built late January) came with the Dual Zone Auto temp control with the Comfort package. I know of a few others who ordered Outdoorsman trucks around this time and also got the Auto temp feature. I don't know if it was being included on Big Horn trimlines back then or not too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, here is fingers croused and hope it comes that way. Online build a truck doesn't reflect the change yet. I wonder if there is a way to see before delivery, since I am impatient. My order is still stuck in BX

·
Registered
168 Posts
My Outdoorsman (ordered January 9th, built late January) came with the Dual Zone Auto temp control with the Comfort package. I know of a few others who ordered Outdoorsman trucks around this time and also got the Auto temp feature. I don't know if it was being included on Big Horn trimlines back then or not too.
My Big Horn was ordered and built in late January and didn't come with it. Mine has the comfort and luxury packages. I also don't think mine has rain sensing wipers which supposedly are part of the luxury package. Not too happy about that. I purposely didn't get the high mount camera because it removed the rain sensing wipers and I didn't get them anyway.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Luxury package doesn't include rain sensing wipers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts