DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured since i'm upping the ante on mods and many more to come through to July, i'd better make a complete build thread.

Bone stock straight from the dealership, 10 miles on the speedo

Decided to make it look a little more mean with some black covers from GTO

Headlights

Taillights (new license plate for a personal touch ;))

Decided it was time to wake my neighbors up when I leave for work at midnight so first thing that came to mind? Super 10's!

Custom shop in LR, does great work!

The first rule on the body portion of this little project is 'if it ain't black or silver, it's gotta go!' The plain red third break light stood out way too much and i'm not going to ruin a perfectly good light with the VHT and they don't make covers for them so I got a little lit with RECON!

It'll look better once I get my tint (keep putting it off)

Cargo lights, I like the blueish hue they give off!

The first rule still applies so I decided it was time to debadge the sides, btw this has got to be the stickiest adhesive that I have ever dealt with...

And freshly debadged, no smokey residue to deal with and no scratching! highly recommend using a decal applicator for dirt bikes.

Now I know it's a breach of the first rule, but it looks good until my new open mouth grille comes in. My friend that works for mopar sent me a gift from the factory and i'm happy with it! R/T badge

I'll keep everyone posted on the many mods coming in the next few months, hope you like it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Trucks coming along nice man. And yea these guys are right, once the MODs start they do not stop til you can't think of anything else and then ya look more into this site and ya find something new. I am scared for when I get a new truck down the road because I already see how bad I am now with my current truck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trucks coming along nice man. And yea these guys are right, once the MODs start they do not stop til you can't think of anything else and then ya look more into this site and ya find something new. I am scared for when I get a new truck down the road because I already see how bad I am now with my current truck.
Coming along nice man!
Thanks guys, now I need yall's help on making a decision. I've decided to incorperate a third color accent into my truck since I decided against an RBP grille and just get a base rivet grille and stick a custom emblem in it (silver, black, new color here). This color will be used on the custom emblems, LED's in the cab and headlights, hood stripes, and possibly the rims. I'm leaning towards red or light blue, since the custom badges will most likely be billet monster logos. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Truck is looking good. For the 3rd color why not lime green, since you said you are doing Monster logos? I sorta wish my truck was green, I see a lot of lime green stuff I could put on it that won't match Orange at all.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Good looking single cab man! Keep em coming! And I agree with the other poster, green would look amazing! BUT it subtle tones, not all out in a lot of places, AND not lime green but a green lantern green.. Or a monster green :p! Man thats a nice looking truck bro!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Blue would be a good accent color, I wouldn't go with green just because thats a very hard color to find accessories in, and even doing it yourself would be difficult and eat up quite a bi of cash as many parts would have to be done custom. It can be done, just takes a lot of time and patience and it's very easy to go "To Green" IMO

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys for the input,
Black 1, the covers impede a little bit but not a whole lot. I do most of my driving at night and I just usually drive around with my fogs on. Once I put my projecters on the whole set will be for sale.
InDeepWaterBlue, I sense a bit of a biased opinion on the blue suggestion lol. But you're right the green will be alot of time. I've discovered i'm not a terribly bad DIYer and I reckon i'll make a post on how to custom paint emblems. Thinking about it, the halos would look good with the light monster blue.
Madsoul, instead of the RBP star it'll be the monster logo, and instead of the RBP side badge it'll be the the R/T custom painted to match :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Recon Xenon Lightning Blues, shines right through the headlight covers! One night on and I get bright-lighted to and from work by every other car haha!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yea man make it a real "Monster".. wow looks cornier typed out then it sounds.. Anyways can't wait to see this progress. Nice lights also, I am going to be doing my exterior lights here soon then focus on interior.

·
Registered
896 Posts
where you getting your grille from? I found a RBP style grille on e-bay for $300. Will be ordering that and then custom badges for the truck. Anywho can't wait to see what you got planned out for this. Keep the pics and mods coming and the masses will be happy lol.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts