DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up the 2.5" Hell Bent Steele leveling kit for my 2010 Ram. Ive been reading and reading and reading this site trying to figure out how big i can go with the tires.

I have the stock 20in chrome rims and im thinking bout goin with the nitto trail grapplers.

So what is the biggest tire i can fit? what if i use 1/4" spacers?

any advise is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would agree but you will get the "stuffed" look. If you do like that then by all means go for it. With a simple leveling kit 33" tires will look just right since the tires will have room around them in the wheel wells

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
I would agree but you will get the "stuffed" look. If you do like that then by all means go for it. With a simple leveling kit 33" tires will look just right since the tires will have room around them in the wheel wells
agreed 100%

·
Registered
5 Posts
I completely disagree about a 33 looking good with a 2.5 inch levelin kit! I have an 05 and it came stock with the 33x11x20 and it has too much room IMO .
I ordered a 2 inch kit with blocks for the rear as well and ordered 325/60/20 Nitto Dune Grapplers and I'm going to run the stock rims with 1.25 hubcentric wheel spacers all the way around. It's just a matter of opinion. I had Bridgstone Dueler Revos and they measured at 33x11. Looked too small to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey thanx for the advise guys....i dont really understand what the "stuffed look" looks like. If someone could show me a pic that would be awesome.

If i go with the 325 60 20's, the 2.5" leveling kit and the 1/4" spacers will the tires rub?

also, what are the best spacers to go with? i keep hearing good and bad things about spacers in general

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
hey thanx for the advise guys....i dont really understand what the "stuffed look" looks like. If someone could show me a pic that would be awesome.

If i go with the 325 60 20's, the 2.5" leveling kit and the 1/4" spacers will the tires rub?

also, what are the best spacers to go with? i keep hearing good and bad things about spacers in general
This could be considered "stuffed":

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=63815

I would recommend maybe a 295 series tire, that would look a lot better. 34's would look really good with a 2.5" level IMHO.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah, that's what I meant. They work out to be like a 34" tire.
Think that's what I might go for. I'm not a fan of the stuffed look but want a little bigger than a 33

Would a 295/70 fit without running spacers if I had a level?

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I completely disagree about a 33 looking good with a 2.5 inch levelin kit! I have an 05 and it came stock with the 33x11x20 and it has too much room IMO .
I ordered a 2 inch kit with blocks for the rear as well and ordered 325/60/20 Nitto Dune Grapplers and I'm going to run the stock rims with 1.25 hubcentric wheel spacers all the way around. It's just a matter of opinion. I had Bridgstone Dueler Revos and they measured at 33x11. Looked too small to me.
You also have a 3rd gen, he has a 4th. It is different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts