DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just joined an im startin mods on my stock 94 ram 1500 laramie slt, im startin with basic stuff like cat, exaust system, fuel filter, but tires are next on my list. im just wondering what the biggest i can go without a lift or spacers or gettin any rubbing... im thinkin 265/75 would be alright nut can i go bigger? also the sticky at the top says 17" rims are stock but i woulda swore it was 16"... any body know for sure?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tires

Depending on which style rim you have they could be 16 or 17. If you have a pic of them I could tell you by just seeing that. But you can fit 285 with no scrubbing and 295 with just a bit of scrubbing. I have 295 70 17 on 17x10 wheels and they scrub only when I cut it real deep.

·
Registered
31 Posts
tires

But you can get a leveling kit from hell bent steel for 60 bucks and they will not scrub at all if you want to go with 295. This is what I did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just did it the easy way an looked on the sidewall, its got 245/75/16 stock. how do you add a pic? i clicked the add a picture thing and it asked for a website? 285/70, damn, thats just under 30" i was hopin to get up around the 31"-32" range...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright nice, an im about to order a leveling kit, its a 2wd so it was kinda hard to find but i did, if im not mistaken they only raise the front correct? will the back tires on 295's still fit?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aaaaand i feel dumb, the first tire size calculator i used said 295/70/16 would be 29's that didnt sound right so i chacked 2 more and theu came up with 32.25... perfect! cant wait till payday to get me some muddiggers lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey jbryan will a 1.5" leveling kit work? it seems like most for 4wd's are 2" but 2wd's are 1.5"... sorry for all the questions but the cheapest tires i can find are online so i cant check to see if they fit...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice thanx man! this forum is so tight haha, u think 1.5" would clear 295/70's? an whats the dif between a leveling kit an a lift kit, they look identical...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright scratch the question about lift/level kits the site i was on was retarted an just callin a levling kit a lift kit... still need to know about the 1.5" fittin 295/70's though... 1.5" to 2" is like a $30 difference...

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
To actually "level" the truck you could measure from the center of the axles to your wheel lip and the difference would tell you what you need to be level. I honestly don't know anything about what will fit 2wd so I'm not much help there

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanx man that was a good call i ended up just sayin **** it though an gettin a 2"lift all the way around haha, ill post pics once i get the partsan get the time to jack it up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts