DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about other forum members (5.7 owners) installing a Billet catch (I think that's what it's called). It's described as a trash can to catch the trash from returning back in to your beloved engine. Can one of these be installed on a 4.7?

I noticed something I had never seen before from my old GM trucks and that is a tube leading from a head cover (...some kind of cover) back to my air filter box:SHOCKED:. WTF!!!!! I don't want that Sh!t getting pumped back in and why would they put that crap on the back side of the air filter instead of the face where all the dirt collects???? When I stuck my finger in the hole, it came back clean.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Yeah you can put them on any engine really. There isn't one that is a "kit" bolt on for the 4.7L like the BT cans are bolt on for the 5.7L though. I actually have a BT can and will be making a bracket for my 4.7L, should be doing it soon. I will do a write up and post it. May make some extra brackets if anyone's interested also.

Also, just about every modern car engine has the pcv and breathers going from the valve covers to the intake.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I hear you. I bought my can during their black friday sale, 40% off. Helped out a lot.

I'm going to try to make a bracket out of wood, then if it all fits well give it to my friend (he has a mill) and see if he'll make some out of aluminum (for a fee of course).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you. I bought my can during their black friday sale, 40% off. Helped out a lot.

I'm going to try to make a bracket out of wood, then if it all fits well give it to my friend (he has a mill) and see if he'll make some out of aluminum (for a fee of course).
If it works/fits, absolutely he needs to get paid.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did anything ever come of this bracket? Did you guys get a catch can on your 4.7?

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Working on it. Have been very busy lately. I will get it done eventually though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, after my old computer crashed, I bought a new computer, and it crashed after 1.5 months, sent it in for repairs, 3 weeks later, I picked it up and one hour later I brought it back for the same problem. Three weeks later, I finally got it back and I'm on a roll now.... I've had it now for a little over a week. This is my first post in months.

SNRUSNAK, keep us updated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have had a "BT catch can" on my Hemi Challenger for over three years now. No biggie, but they say it does keep the oil out of your intake. When I mounted it clear over on the fender well, it would produce condensation. So I moved it back with the short run hoses to the motor.

I hadn't thought about one for the 4.7 until I bought the 2008 intake from a salvage yard, and it had a LOT of oil in it.

I am going to be figuring out how to hook one up to this 4.7 very soon.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I'm pretty close to having a bracket made. I ought to be able to try it out in the next couple weekends, if it works out we'll have some made that look a little nicer as this is just a test fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts