DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Billet catch can just after my first oil change. It's about time for my second change and so I decided to check the contents of the can. The damn thing was nearly full to the rim... :Wow1: Is this normal? Also, I noticed the content was murky and had a pretty noticeable fuel odor. Is this normal as well? If it matters, I do not race the truck and normally drive like a grandpa.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas. I will definetly check it more often than before. I'd been noticing some extra (more than normal) black soot on my exhaust tips the last couple of days and thought to check the can. My guess is allowing the can to fill caused some of the blow to make it to the intake. Live and learn!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Being a new truck owner and not mechanically inclined, is the installation of a catch can something I need to be concerned about?
Hi Sean, the answer may be different for different people. How long will you keep the truck? Do you plan on keeping it for many years and 200,000 km?
Like mentioned before it keeps unburned oil/fuel mixture from being recirculated and burned in your engine. It is not necessary but does keep your plugs, intake cleaner over time. On supercharged and high performance engines it is a must. It does not hurt but definitely helps a bit, especially over time and mileage.
It does require moderate mechanical ability to install (good right ups on this forum how to) and then needs to be emptied periodically. I have one on my car and truck, both I plan to have for a long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.