DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my BT Catch Can on black friday for 30% off, missed the 40% window by thirty minutes :i_rolleyes: Anyway it was finally shipped and I recieved it on Tuesday. I got a red anodized catch can and it is a well built product. I just finished installing it and have a few pictures to show off. I know my engine compartment is kind of dirty, it is Winter you know. :doh: Anyway the install went really well, it's actually very easy to do. The hardest part was getting the new hoses on the existing PCV and throttle body ports. So here are the completion pics.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Looks very nice, love the red! Thanks for the pics! Reps for that! Hopefully what I ordered on black friday will be in soon!

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Nice install! I really have to get this mod! Like the painting on the covers as well! Don't remember seeing those!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice.... I got to get one of those, along with all the other cool stuff that's popping up.......

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks very nice, love the red! Thanks for the pics! Reps for that! Hopefully what I ordered on black friday will be in soon!
Thanks for the points and the compliments. So what did you order from BT ?

Nice install! I really have to get this mod! Like the painting on the covers as well! Don't remember seeing those!
Thanks, covers have been done for awhile, I have a thread on it.

I have this exact one (pricey shipped to Canada) in my room...waiting for a truck :sad:
Yup, the shipping was 1/3 of the cost. I tried to get one up here with no luck so I figured the savings on black friday paid the shipping :smileup:

Looks great nice paint as well.

johnnymopar what was shipping to Vancouver? I am over on teh island so it would probably be very close to what you paid
Thanks.

Nice.... I got to get one of those, along with all the other cool stuff that's popping up.......
Thanks, yup hanging out on here is expensive :doh:

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
thats one beautiful catch can bud, i gotta get me one of thoes

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats one beautiful catch can bud, i gotta get me one of thoes
^^^^ Thanks, ya I was very impressed with the quality of the product and the guys down at BT are very friendly and helpful.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you see any kind of Performance boosts after installing a Catch Can? Or is it mainly for preserving the engine?

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you see any kind of Performance boosts after installing a Catch Can? Or is it mainly for preserving the engine?
No performance boost, it is only for protecting the intake manifold and throttle body from crude. What it will prevent is performance degradation in the long run.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice. I think everybody should have one. What does the mounting bracket attach to?
It attaches right to the engine block with a single bolt and BT supplies the required bolt.

hey just curious about the oil catch can where does it hook up to and how/what does it do? dont mean to sound like a noob lol
Don't worry we were all noob's at one time. The tube from the PCV valve to below the throttle body is removed and the catch can is hosed in. The outlet from the PCV valve is connected to one side of the catch can and the other side is connected to the throttle body. It catches oil and crude that would have otherwise gone straight into the cylinders.

Thanks for the points and the compliments. So what did you order from BT ?

I got my shifter knob and my underhood kit. Saved a ton of money! Check out my build page for the pics!
Cool underhood items, I really like the way that it looks. BT puts out some impressive product.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Looks great nice paint as well.

johnnymopar what was shipping to Vancouver? I am over on teh island so it would probably be very close to what you paid
Shawn, I cant find the receipt for the life of me but it was like $168, shipped in red anodized (this added $25 to the cost) with basic hoses.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just emptied my new catch can for the first time. Dang, what NASTY stuff it separated out. The oil it "catches" was black, VERY stinky, and I'm happy it didn't go down the intake. Really happy with being able to pour that crap out.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just checked mine yesterday and was surprised to find the catch can about 1/4 full in less than one month. It was pretty clean, certainly not black more golden. Must be the 0W20 Amsoil doing it's job keeping my engine nice and clean. Sure beats reburning the stuff. Well worth the cost to put one of these catch cans on.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts