DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First post here. Recently picked up a 2010 1500 Sport crew cab. Just got my Bilstein 5100s in the mail. Originally was going to go straight to 2.1 and leave the rear. Now I'm thinking about going to 2.7 and doing the TG customs .75 or 1.5 in the rear to get the max lift I can out of them. Don't want the rear to sag when I do haul stuff. A little lifted rake is ok. Looking for advice and pics if someone else has this setup. Preferably stock and after lift. A little concerned about the "shimmy" that may come up with bilsteins set at max I have read about. Haven't done suspension on a half ton so not sure what to expect. Will be plenty of highway and off road use so need it functional and reliable. So, 2.1 front and call it a day? Or 2.7 and .75 or 1.5 in the rear? Thanks in advance. Pictures Would be greatly appreciated to see the difference.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I don't have pic on my phone, but I did shocks maxed out with 1" rear spacers. Put on 295/65/20's and they cleared with no problems. I ran that way about a year and 10,000 miles and no problems. No shimmy or ball joint issues. If you're worried about it you can get aftermarket a-arms too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts