DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm going back under my truck to fix my initial mess up with installing my 5100s tomorrow. Now I'm trying to decide if I should go with the 2.1 I initially was going to go with. I'm kind of thinking I might take them up to 2.8. I'm wondering how much height everyone else is actually getting at either 2.1 or 2.8 after they get an alignment. I'm thinking at this point I'll eventually do either rear spring spacers or superlift 2" rear springs with either another set of 5100s or if my finance manager (the wife) allows I might pop for the fox 2.0. Whatever I do in the rear I'll be adding air lift since I tow a 20' travel trailer Experience with this or similar setups? Suggestions? Ideas? Insults? All welcome. Hight before lift was 36.5" front and 39.5 rear with a full 32 gallon tank.

Tire ideas are welcome too, I'm thinking ta ko2 275/65 r20 on stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
2.1 gave me about 1.75 inche of front lift. bills on rear did nothing. replaced oem rear coils with tuftruck 211 springs act i like a stiffer ride and hate sag. ifyou go 2.8 andtow, you will need at least 1" inchrear spacer, oem coils. could add air lift 100 but that is temp fix. i tow a 20ft lund boat, all spring and summer and didnt want hardly any sag, so i went went with new springs. if dont tow muc try teh bags

·
Registered
31 Posts
I run my Bilstein at 2.8, they raised the front 2.5". Now the truck sits perfectly level. Also added 35" 12.50 Toyo RT, ride is nice!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stock mine was 37.25" front and 39.5" rear. After Bilstein's installed at 2.8 and a 1" spacer in the rear, I measure 39.5" (after alignment) in the front and 40.5" rear. I gained 2.25" height with my Bilstein's set at 2.8, running 305/55/20's.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have mine set at 2.8 which leveled it out. I do tow a 26ft (bump to hitch 6000 lb) TT and notice a sag with the airlift 1000 in the coil spring. I would recommend a spacer as recommend a few times above if you do tow at night so you are not beaming folks in the face.

I wonder if the air lift 5000 would get rid of the sag without the spacers?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I run my Bilstein at 2.8, they raised the front 2.5". Now the truck sits perfectly level. Also added 35" 12.50 Toyo RT, ride is nice!
I'm with Audinator, except I'm running 35" Cooper STT Pro's. The Bilsteins at 2.8 made it sit perfectly level. I also added a Top Gun Customz 1" rear coil spacer which only gave me about 3/4 to 1" to give it just a slight amount of rake still. Sits perfect!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I right now with bilsteins set to 2.8 it is eyeball level, but I havnt aligned it yet, I'm waiting till I put my new tires on, going 35 12.50 r20 general grabber at2 on factory alloys with spacers. After that I'm planning 1-1.5" rear spacers and some airbags for when I tow. I'll post pictures once I get the new rubber and alignment done.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts