DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 4x4 1500. I have had some 5100's at the house for a few months and just now getting around to install. I have searched and/or read this forum till I was blue in the face with no answer. My dilemma is 2.1 or 2.8 but to be able a retain some rake for towing a trailer, camper, or boat. My measurements are the same on both sides : f 36" and r: 39 3/16". So question in general how close or true is the actual end height for the 5100's. Because if I only get let say 1 3/4" out of a 2.1 setting that will be a lot of rake, but if it's closer to 2.1 it would be perfect. Or on the flip side if I get 3" out of the 2.8 setting I will have the cali lean. Maybe I am looking at it wrong or just wore out from reading to much. Simply put I would just like to have it almost level with a little rake for towing no matter which setting it is. And I did not really want to have to put a spacer on the back just to have it "maxed out" to put rake back. Any insight would be great. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
The problem is that no two trucks will be the same. I have mine a 2.8 and i still have one inch of rake. Others might be truely level but the hump on the hood makes it look nose high. No one really is nose high but it looks that way. I need all the travel I can get. If you don't then 2.1 is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got you. So even since I know the front and rear height and subtract the difference. I still wont know how much my truck will get out of the 2.1 or 2.8 setting. So not only is everybodys truck a different height but each one might get more or less out of each setting.
Dang I might just be better off putting it at 2.8 then fixing it, if I need to with a spacer in the rear. I dont think 2.1 will be level enough with over 3 inches of rake from the factory. Thanks

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mine are set at 2.1 and that took out more than 2 1/2" of rake. My truck now has about 1/2" of rake.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got you. So even since I know the front and rear height and subtract the difference. I still wont know how much my truck will get out of the 2.1 or 2.8 setting. So not only is everybodys truck a different height but each one might get more or less out of each setting.
Dang I might just be better off putting it at 2.8 then fixing it, if I need to with a spacer in the rear. I dont think 2.1 will be level enough with over 3 inches of rake from the factory. Thanks

I have my bils set at 2.8 & I was dead level. I added a TGC 3/4" spacer to the rear now its perfect! The bils settled, so now I have a 1" rake. I ran my truck around 2500 miles before I put the spacers in. Just to give you an idea.The pic is when all was said and done,but before I added a 1.5" zone body lift

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
Mopar what size tires are those in the pic? Yours looks like a good level with a little rake. Pretty much what I am going for.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you want rake with no rear spacer go with 2.1, if your willing to add a rear lift go with 2.8 setting.

·
Read Only
377 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.
Mopar what size tires are those in the pic? Yours looks like a good level with a little rake. Pretty much what I am going for.
Then set them at 2.1. That's what mine are at and I have the slightest, barely noticeable rake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts