DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with the Bilstein 5100's installed on your 4th Gen Rams, I am curious as to how difficult it is to make height adjustments once they are installed. The reason I ask is that I already have a 6" ProComp Lift and want to add these to level out my truck. I have seen conflicting comments as to whether the max setting (2.8") is too much. This is on top of the fact that when compared to other 4th Gen with 6" lift that it seems mine doesn't sit quite as high. I woudl like to be able to install these with max setting and then go from there to get the best setup. The attached picture is how my truck sits now. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. That makes things more difficult. I would want to get the max out of these without going nose high. Anyone have a ProComp 6" lift with these bilsteins? If so, what setting do you have them at?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Scat,

I havent heard of anyone putting additional rear spacers on the 4th Gen Rams on top of a 6 inch lift. I thind I woudl be too worried about creating too severe of an angle on the rear drive shaft. This will still be used as my daily driver and family mover ( i refuse to drive the wife's minivan if I don't have to) so want to keep some relaibilty in it

I have also considered the body lift route also but then I will no longer be able to add a bull bar up front (which is not a deal killer) but with the factor duals I woudl also have to redo the exhaust so they dont hang so low.

I will take your advice and measure the distance from the front hub to wheel well and rear hub to wheel well and figure out the difference and set the shocks to that.

In your experiences, are the lift gains pretty accurate to the setting (i.e. if I set it to 2" will I actually see 2"?

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I did my lift and I do not have any spacers in either the front or rear. I only have the lift block in the back and the longer coils in the front. Are these spacers something added by the shop becuase they were not included in my kit. Glad to know rear spacers are on option. Maybe then I should just max out the front shocks and then add spacers in the rear if needed to level it out. What do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.