DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 1500 4x4. Want to level truck with best ride. Seen lots of good word on the bilsteins. What exactly do I need to purchase to level and lift truck a bit. Any tips and advice. I run 35x12.50 as well. Please and thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Bils are great. I have them at 2.1" on my 1500 and love the ride or the stock struts. All you need to purchase is the struts unless you plan on doing the work yourself, in which case you might need to rent a pickle fork to separate the upper control arm from the knuckle and spring compressors to transfer the springs to the new struts. IMO its easier to just pay a shop to do it, only cost me $200 alignment included.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's two different struts. One for the 3rd gens which had four settings up to 2". The 2nd option is for 4th gens which has a Max lift of 2.8". Assuming that's cause the 4th gens sit lower.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Had them on my 08 as well. They were a really well thought out shock. I didn't have a lot of luck with the shock itself, or the 4600s that the 5100s replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts