DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am leveling my truck with the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. as of now I ordered the two front shocks. I measured my trucks rake and it is only about 2 in. still I am going to set them at 2.8 as I intend to put 35's on my truck in the near future.

on to my concern, I am almost positive the front of my truck will end up too high. i am debating on whether I should order the same shocks (obviously the rear set) for the rear and set them to 2.1-ish or if i should order a rear spacer such as the TGC coil spacers (link below). I dont mind leaving some rake in the stance, I just want to fit 35's on so i can do some mild off roading. I have no plans on lifting my truck more than that as i tow regularly.

anyways im looking for input/ alternative suggestions.

http://www.topguncustomz.com/i-2549...am-1500-4x4-rear-steel-coil-lift-spacers.html

·
Registered
630 Posts
You'll have to order the rear spacer as the rear shocks are not adjustable even the bilstein

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
As blok2400 said, the rear shocks provide no lift. They will give you 2 more inches of travel but no lift. As stated, you'll need a spacer to give lift in the back.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
IIRC, you can run 35's with Bilsteins at 2.1" and no rear lift, which will still have a little bit of rake, but will look level. If you're using stock wheels for the 35's, you may need wheel spacers too.
Search the forum, I'm sure you'll find plenty of pics of trucks with 35's and the owners talking about their setups.
How much are you towing regularly and what gears do you have?

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
get a crows foot wrench for the back shocks they a pain to get off the top nut. I forget what size.

^ 21MM and yes definitely want a crows foot for this, or at least one of those open-end wrenches that opens sideways like o==n instead of o==c

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.