DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Haven't posted in quite a while, and feel a bit like a turd about it. None the less, for anyone still around who talked with me a few years ago, I finally got the 5100's for the front, and set it up! The work was great and valuable as it was my first time working on the suspension for the truck. Now, however, my front end is propped up a bit higher than the rear. I had measured the offset prior to, set the Bilstein's at 2.1" (2nd to last setting) and it raised the front to go a bit higher than the rear. My rear has been noticeably sagging this past hunting season though. My thoughts are that if I were to run the Bilstein B12 rear springs and rear 5100's it would either a) level it out or b) give it the more natural appearance of the rear being slightly higher than the front. - OR - I could just get some new OEM springs and drop the front down one setting. I went up a bit in tire size after doing the front end, but nothing crazy, so there is room to work with. Thanks for any and all feedback! I've got an ideaabout what may be going on, but I'm not sure if my theory is right or even accurate.

PS: Anything I should be immediately concerned about with the application I'm running? Alignment and tires were done the day after I did the work.
ram1500.jpg ram1500before.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
I think ur on the right track. Your before pic looks pretty level so I’d assume rear shocks and springs will give your the best results. Don’t forget an alignment is a must after the front lift. Nice truck btw, I like that front bumper!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think ur on the right track.
Thanks! The truck sat lower on the front,y driveway isn't the most level surface lol. I did the front install, and drove it straight to the shop and did the overnight drop off. I made sure to schedule the alignment for the morning after the work was done to minimize driving with it out of alignment. That was another thing I forgot to mention; when they did the alignment the toe/camber were brought into mfg. spec but the caster was off. Is that normal for lifting the front like that? I haven't noticed anything since doing the work and it's been a little over a month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts