DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Ram 1500 crew cab sport. Recently installed Bilstein 5100 series height adjustable shocks. When to the second top notch, made the truck perfectly level. Added new tires LT275/65R20.

Ever since seems I can't get the wheel alignment correct and there's a shaking in my steering wheel, and when the steering wheel shakes I can feel a slight pulse in the seats of the truck too.

The problem isn't consistent, almost seems it comes and goes around corners at highway speeds. Any ideas what the problem is?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum! Be sure to stop by the newbie section and introduce yourself.

First things first. Did you do the install yourself? I would get back under there and double check everything is snug and all parts accounted for. A lot of guys install the parts incorrectly, wrong order, and it causes all sorts of issues. Make sure there are no left over tools stuck anywhere (i kid you not a guy last week on here kept hearing a clunking sound after his bilstein install....after weeks of driving he FINALLY realized there were vice grips still clamped to his tie rods)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! I brought the truck into a garage to get the work done, I was watching the whole time, it all looked good. I also already had 3 alignments, and had the wheels balanced 3 times also. I'm completely stumped :4-dontknow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts