DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question........If the 2.5" spacer leveling kit is already installed and i put on the 5100s will i be able to achieve more lift? Same question for the rear with the 1.5" kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
4-wheel parts says no to this because it will put the upper control arms in a bind and possibly break them. If anyone has experience with this please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I would think no, the bilsteins are going to make you level, with a spacer in the there would have to be set near max to stretch enough to fit, does that make sense, I know what you had in mind. you cant add the 2.5" spacer together and whatever setting on the struts together....

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
The Bilstein 5100s and a spacer-type level kit make lift in two totally different ways. So If you could make it work mechanically without making a giant bound up mess then yes, theoretically Bilsteins plus a spacer kit would give you the amount of lift of the two combined. The problem is as they already told you....2-2.5" of Bisltein lift plus 2-2.5" of spacer equals way too much angle for CV joints I'm sure and probably other suspension components as well. I'm no mechanic but my official prediction if you were to try this is "giant bound up mess", lol.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The Bilstein 5100s and a spacer-type level kit make lift in two totally different ways. So If you could make it work mechanically without making a giant bound up mess then yes, theoretically Bilsteins plus a spacer kit would give you the amount of lift of the two combined. The problem is as they already told you....2-2.5" of Bisltein lift plus 2-2.5" of spacer equals way too much angle for CV joints I'm sure and probably other suspension components as well. I'm no mechanic but my official prediction if you were to try this is "giant bound up mess", lol.
I guess my understanding on the strut front end and leveling it is off, it seemed to work in my head :LOL:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess my understanding on the strut front end and leveling it is off, it seemed to work in my head :LOL:
the spacer sits on top of the strut, it doesnt expand it. So in theory if you added a taller shock it would increase the lift but the problem is as starquest said, a "giant bound up mess" hehe, thanks for the input though!

this might be/is a dumb question but how do you show your mods below each post?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Do not do it!! Like others have stated, your UCAs, cvs and the whole front end will be in a bind. Youd be lucky to drive it 10ft without something snapping. Do a Body lift instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do a Body lift instead.
Already checked into it, 3" lift by performance accessories installed by 4 wheel parts is $1250.00 plus $100.00 for gap guards. Deal? Going to see how she looks with the new tires this weekend then decide whether or not to pursue it anymore.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
the spacer sits on top of the strut, it doesnt expand it. So in theory if you added a taller shock it would increase the lift but the problem is as starquest said, a "giant bound up mess" hehe, thanks for the input though!

Go to your user control panel and edit your signature. You can put in text (like mods or quotes or whatever) and even photos like I have in mine but the size of the photo is limited.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go to your user control panel and edit your signature. You can put in text (like mods or quotes or whatever) and even photos like I have in mine but the size of the photo is limited.
THANKS! :smileup:

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
3" body lift and install it yourself. Rough Country also makes a 1.25" body lift. It takes maybe 3hrs in your driveway with hand tools :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
3" body lift and install it yourself. Rough Country also makes a 1.25" body lift. It takes maybe 3hrs in your driveway with hand tools :D
good to know, any extensions needed for any engine components if i go the 1.25" route?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
No sir, everything is included with the kit. It'll run you $130 bucks

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

go to "quick links" at the top of the page beside "unanswered threads" underneath your name, click on it, a frop down menu will come, and click edit signature, I think until you have a certain amount of posts your signature can only be so long, but it will tell u if it is too long when you try to save it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
go to "quick links" at the top of the page beside "unanswered threads" underneath your name, click on it, a frop down menu will come, and click edit signature, I think until you have a certain amount of posts your signature can only be so long, but it will tell u if it is too long when you try to save it

much appreciated, yeah you cant fit hardly anything with only 100 characters.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2010 ram 1500 levelling kit (2.5 front and 1.5 rear) with bilstein 5100 set to max in the front. Toyo open country MT tires all around. Truck sits perfectly level and I have no problems with binding or brake lines or anything. Sorry about the image, can't figure it out!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2010 ram 1500 levelling kit (2.5 front and 1.5 rear) with bilstein 5100 set to max in the front. Toyo open country MT tires all around. Truck sits perfectly level and I have no problems with binding or brake lines or anything. Sorry about the image, can't figure it out!
You had no problems with this set up?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts