DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order with AutoAnything at the beginning of last week and this is what they sent me as the new ship date:wow:

Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks (Qty: 2)
5100 Adjustable Series - Front
Revised Shipping Date: 4/5/2012

.....Good thing that patience is a virtue. The bright side is that the shocks that are currently on the truck should be completely worn out by the time the new ones arrive.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
I ordered some the 1st of Feb. and found out later they were on back order. I called Bilstein today and they said that the production to fill all the back orders would start sometime in April, they weren't sure of exactly when. The guy I talked to said, " I guess they are pretty popular", then he laughed. I love dealing with a**holes like that. I talked to Shock Warehouse about selling things that they didn't have, and they said they didn't have any information about them being on back order other than all the complaints they have been getting. Other than being Bilstein's largest vendor, the Shock Warehouse said Bilstein doesn't tell them anything. I guess--Pay your money, take your chances!
Jay

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's a little bit frustrating. It seems like manufacturers would be a little more on top of things with customer service, especially in such a crappy economic environment. If they have so many orders that they are backed up for a month or more, maybe it's time to hire some people who are out there looking for a job and who are trying to make ends meet.

·
Registered
376 Posts
:4-dontknow: Mine showed up today for my 2011, both front and rears. But I didn't get them from AA. Took 5 days to get here.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
You got a secret source or just bragging----LOL How long ago did you order yours and who from?
Jay

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:4-dontknow: Mine showed up today for my 2011, both front and rears. But I didn't get them from AA. Took 5 days to get here.
Interesting....Do you know people??

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Clark,
Do you have the 5100's IN STOCK????
Jay

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
It just depends on your model, right now I am showing they ship between 3/15 and 3/18. It can change often thought based on supply and demand and is something we are working on to improve...

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Clark,
I guess my question is--Do YOU have them in stock, in your warehouse or are they drop shipped from Bilstein? If YOU have them in stock, where you can SEE THEM I will be glad to give you the part numbers and you can check.
Thanks,
Jay

F4-BE5-F812-HO
F4-BE5-F813_HO

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Thanks for the truth and being upfront! A lot of other retailers could learn from you.
Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts