DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any day now, the Bilstein adjustable 5100's will be here to be tested:smileup:. These will be replacing my leveling kit.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can you tell me why you are replacing the leveling kit with the Bilsteins? I have a 2012 that I was going to level but can't decide whether to use a leveling kit or just go directly with the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I needed new shocks anyway so I'm going with the bilsteins. It only makes sense to spend maybe $50? more to performance shocks that are adjustable to level your truck than to buy a block of steel. Your trucks newer though I wouldn't need shocks for sometime though I'm sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interested to see how this works out for you. I have been struggling with this for a bit now and I may need some front end suspension work done so the time might be right to go to new Bilsteins. My only concerns are, whether a 2 inch level is enough to really level the truck, compared to the 2.5 inch of the leveling kit I'm looking at and whether or not the Bilsteins will lower over time, as they settle, causing rubbing if I go to a 33 tire.

When are they due in? Are you installing them yourself?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts