DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm a new(ish) 2016 1500 owner (1st post - been lurking a while) and the truck had 5100's installed when I bought it. I can see one clip ring above the lower spring perch and see one clip ring below the lower spring perch. It's definitely not at 2.8, does this sound like I'm at the 2.1 setting? I want to put some 285/65s and would prefer not to disassemble a strut to figure this out if possible. Truck still has a small rake visually.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Hello all, I'm a new(ish) 2016 1500 owner (1st post - been lurking a while) and the truck had 5100's installed when I bought it. I can see one clip ring above the lower spring perch and see one clip ring below the lower spring perch. It's definitely not at 2.8, does this sound like I'm at the 2.1 setting? I want to put some 285/65s and would prefer not to disassemble a strut to figure this out if possible. Truck still has a small rake visually.

Thanks in advance!
Doesn't matter. You can easily fit 285 65 20's at either 2.1 or 2.8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but my question is whether it's at 2.1 or the setting lower than it. I can't tell, all I know is it's not at 2.8. If someone who's set to 2.1 can tell me if they just can see one ring above & one below the spring perch I'll know for sure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts