After

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Looks fantastic! Nice truck...as you can see I am a fan of silver and chrome, lol.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any vibration in 4x4? (death wobble) lol
No death wobble. I just use it to get to my hunting and fishing spots. Backroads in national forest and BLM land. No muddin or crawlin. However, with the stock rake even small bumps can be very unpleasant when the 20 inchers hit the fenders. This has cured the problem and the ride is simply plush. I put on the BFG Rugged Terrain 10 plys so I can tow my trailer. This combo is fantastic both on and off road.

Cheers,
John

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the stance. Did it affect your fuel mileage much?
No. The mileage sucked before. And it still sucks. That said, I bought a fire breathing beast so that it would breath fire not blow smoke. But it didn't affect the mileage.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Lol I know what you are saying about the mileage. I just don't want to make it much worse :) Did you do the rears too or just fronts?

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol I know what you are saying about the mileage. I just don't want to make it much worse :) Did you do the rears too or just fronts?
Just the front. I'll get around to the back soon. I should be able to handle the rear ones myself.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The stance looks great h20man! I am hoping to do the same thing to my truck using the Bilstein's. Did you end up having a Wheel Alignment done after the Bilstein's were installed?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The stance looks great h20man! I am hoping to do the same thing to my truck using the Bilstein's. Did you end up having a Wheel Alignment done after the Bilstein's were installed?

Thanks
Yes. Shocks, installation, and alignment $407 at Signature Tire and Wheel in Costa Mesa, CA

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes. Shocks, installation, and alignment $407 at Signature Tire and Wheel in Costa Mesa, CA

Thanks for the uuick reply back h20man! That sounds like a really good price - hope I can find something similar up here in Canada:smileup:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Thanks for the uuick reply back h20man! That sounds like a really good price - hope I can find something similar up here in Canada:smileup:
call Gord at Essex Distributors...good deal on the parts...

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you only put the Bilstein 5100’s in the front to level the RAM? How hard was it to install them? I want to add some additional clearance in the front for off road use because I have 20in tires and wheels.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Did you only put the Bilstein 5100’s in the front to level the RAM? How hard was it to install them? I want to add some additional clearance in the front for off road use because I have 20in tires and wheels.
Yes. Only the front. My level of wrenchness means that I had to have them installed by pros mostly due to the fact the the coils have to be compressed and as manly as I am I can't do that. The rears will be another story. They will be very easy to install.

Here's what they look like.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts