DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i am looking to get a pair of front bilstein 5100 shocks for my 2007 dodge ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD. Right now it has a 4inch RC suspension lift on it. I was wondering if someone could help me out on a link that takes me to a vender for these shocks that fits my year and model of truck. My front is lower (probably about 1.5"-2") then my rear, so i am planning on leveling it out with these. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wait so if since my front sits lower then my rear, would i just need the first one for the fronts? and when it says select style, what does "Vehicles with rear 0"-1" lift) mean?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm sorry! I'm an idiot. I read your entire post but I wasn't thinking about your 4" lift when I responded. Normally, yes, all you would need to bring the front up level with the rear would be the front two adjustables. Some people buy the 5100s for the rear as well but they aren't adjustable and provide no lift. I don't know too much about suspension lifts so I can't answer your question about the front struts. I do know that plenty of people run the 5100s on the front with suspension lift kits though. Does a lift keep the stock front shock length? That's the only reason there would only be one model available for the front. I'm sure someone that can do more than just speculate will chime in for us, lol.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im guessing it kept the front stock because it only replaced the back shocks from the Rough country suspension lift. Im just confused on what kind of bilsteins i would need for what components i have on my truck right now..Thanks for helping though.. anyone?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
That makes sense. I even checked Bilstein's online catalog and they only show one Bilstein 5100 strut for the front. So the same one has to be used on stock or lifted trucks. The rear, however, apparently requires a longer shock after the lift. That's why you can choose your rear lift height when ordering the rears. I feel confident this is the case but if you want a professional opinion and someone doesn't chime in here quick enough I would suggest calling your local 4x4 place (like a 4 Wheel Parts...that's what we have around here) or maybe even calling Bilstein direct. Good luck!

*EDIT* Here's a good thread that you should read. It bounces back and forth between the front and rear but make sure and scan through it all...they even mention your brand of lift. Seems to confirm what you and I are already thinking.

http://www.ram forum.com/f47/bilstein-5100s-lifted-truck-8442/

Make sure to take out the space between "ram" and "forum" when you copy and paste. Our forum won't let me post a direct link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts