DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just purchased a set of Bilstein Ride Height Adjustable's for my 2013 RAM 1500 4x4 Crew Cab. I lack the tools, courage (don't want to be killed by a spring) and the expertise (other than my K&N CAI, I haven't done any work on my truck) to install them myself. I work nights and I have emailed a few local dealers, including the dealer where I bought my truck. I haven't heard back from any of them. I'm due for service soon so I can just wait till then to find out if they'll install my Bilstein's, but I was wondering if anybody on Long Island knew any shops that would do them and the necessary alignment. I've already spoke to Valley Van and they gave me some lame excuse as to why they wanted to stay away from this project. I read in another thread that RMS Off-Road only does big, pricey modifications and it would take months to get an appointment with them even in the off chance they decided to do this.

Also, if anyone had this done, what did you pay for the install and alignment.

I'm planning on running 34.6" tires when the Bilstein's are in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey, head down to The Truck Shop in Sayville. Im sure he'll give you a good price there. I know plenty of his customers are very loyal to him so he must do good work. Fortunately I have lots of experience so i've never spent a dime on an install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all,

I just purchased a set of Bilstein Ride Height Adjustable's for my 2013 RAM 1500 4x4 Crew Cab. I lack the tools, courage (don't want to be killed by a spring) and the expertise (other than my K&N CAI, I haven't done any work on my truck) to install them myself. I work nights and I have emailed a few local dealers, including the dealer where I bought my truck. I haven't heard back from any of them. I'm due for service soon so I can just wait till then to find out if they'll install my Bilstein's, but I was wondering if anybody on Long Island knew any shops that would do them and the necessary alignment. I've already spoke to Valley Van and they gave me some lame excuse as to why they wanted to stay away from this project. I read in another thread that RMS Off-Road only does big, pricey modifications and it would take months to get an appointment with them even in the off chance they decided to do this.

Also, if anyone had this done, what did you pay for the install and alignment.

I'm planning on running 34.6" tires when the Bilstein's are in.
I actually grew up in West Sayville and that shop has been there forever. I figured since this is somewhat of a easy install they would either overcharge me or not want to do it. I called them a few months ago when I was looking to level my truck with a strut spacer and they quoted $600 with parts and labor and alignment. I read somewhere that STS Tire would do it. Thanks for your reply. I'm planning on making a bunch of calls tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually grew up in West Sayville and that shop has been there forever. I figured since this is somewhat of a easy install they would either overcharge me or not want to do it. I called them a few months ago when I was looking to level my truck with a strut spacer and they quoted $600 with parts and labor and alignment. I read somewhere that STS Tire would do it. Thanks for your reply. I'm planning on making a bunch of calls tomorrow.
They quoted me $600 for readylift 2inch blocks lol. I am having a friend help me install them at his shop. He has a wall mounted spring compressor. That's really the hardest part. I paid 205 shipped for the bilstein. Installing next week. The one thing good about The truck shop they are the only ones that can get the Toyos I wanted. The whole country is on back order

1 - 4 of 4 Posts