DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bilsteins 5100 series shocks on the way!

2720 Views 26 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  StoneyWV
i just ordered some bilsteins! I was fed up with the bumpy crappy ride my truck was giving me with the wared out stock shocks, so i told myseld f**k it its time to change them!So I got the 0 to 2.5 in adjustable for the front and some for the rear which were the 24-191203 ones. So cant wait to get them in and put them on asap so i can get a smooth ride again!;)
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Just ordered a set of bilsteins from Shockwharehouse with our 5% discount for being a forum member the total was 341.81. And get this they had them in stock. Now it's time to try to get a deal on a set of 2" rear springs from top gun customz.
Do you have to call to get the 5% discount?

If anyone knows, I put my year in and it only comes up with 1 set of fronts and rears, no other 5100 models, guess these are the correct ones for my 08?
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm?mode=results&selected_model=3937&selected_year=2008

· Registered
5 Posts
I put a set on my 2008 which I got from top gun customs and there is only one set of adjustable not sure what he is saying about soft ride or rough riding model? They are a very firm ride,almost rough. But they are a great improvement over stock.

· Registered
409 Posts
Are they firmer then the stockers? Id hate to have it more bouncy but would love the leveled look!
Firmer Ride= More progressive dampening. They will for sure not be "bouncing" they will feel rougher on potholes med sized rough sections on off-road. Keeps them from bottoming out as quickly as stock shocks, and you preload the springs a bit when you raise the perches to do the lift. Preloading springs is like running stiffer springs=rougher ride. If you take her off road much you will love it because they control the weight of truck better on rough terrain. Just have to live with little rougher road ride.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.