DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone, Newbie to the forums here. I've read and re-read and searched but couldn't find anyone running this setup. I read the Guide to leveling and it says 285's the max you can run on the stock wheels, so here is my annoying, probably already asked question..

I have a '13 Sport Quad Cab 4x4 and looking at the Bilstiens and the Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. I was in between the Terra's and the Trails and decided the M/Ts would be a bit too aggressive since I do about 90% highway driving. I plan on doing the 285/65/r20's (Nittos website says 34.57" x 11.5") on the stock 20" sport wheels that are 20x9 +19mm and setting the Bil's @ 2.1. I do not want to run spacers so i'm wondering if I will have any rubbing issues?? I really don't want to keep 33's on here but the guys who are putting my lift on say I might have issues.

Also, I ordered my Bilstiens last week and just got the call that they are on back order for a month! WTF! Does anyone know anywhere that has them in stock. I've called a few places and got nothing.

Last Question, I live in Houston so parking garages are unfortunately everywhere.. Does anyone know the height their truck sits with Bilstiens @ 2.1 and that size tire? I'm thinking i'm really only gaining 1.57" of lift with the taller tires??

thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
My 4" lift with 5100's set at .7 and 35X12.5R20 tires can fit in a 7ft opening with around 1/2" left for clearance.

One guy was running 35's which most are undersize and with stock wheels needed a 10MM spacer.

Try sending Autoanything or Bully Performance both site sponsors a message and see what price and if in stock.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Whats up everyone, Newbie to the forums here. I've read and re-read and searched but couldn't find anyone running this setup. I read the Guide to leveling and it says 285's the max you can run on the stock wheels, so here is my annoying, probably already asked question..

I have a '13 Sport Quad Cab 4x4 and looking at the Bilstiens and the Nitto Terra Grappler G2s. I was in between the Terra's and the Trails and decided the M/Ts would be a bit too aggressive since I do about 90% highway driving. I plan on doing the 285/65/r20's (Nittos website says 34.57" x 11.5") on the stock 20" sport wheels that are 20x9 +19mm and setting the Bil's @ 2.1. I do not want to run spacers so i'm wondering if I will have any rubbing issues?? I really don't want to keep 33's on here but the guys who are putting my lift on say I might have issues.

Also, I ordered my Bilstiens last week and just got the call that they are on back order for a month! WTF! Does anyone know anywhere that has them in stock. I've called a few places and got nothing.

Last Question, I live in Houston so parking garages are unfortunately everywhere.. Does anyone know the height their truck sits with Bilstiens @ 2.1 and that size tire? I'm thinking i'm really only gaining 1.57" of lift with the taller tires??

thanks
Sounds like a solid plan to me. Everything will fit and work well.

FYI - those tires will only raise your truck about 3/4", not 1.5". The lift you get is equal to half the circumference of the tire.

With that tire and 2.1 lift, your XM antenna will probably be about 79"-80" or so from the ground. But this varies a little from truck to truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome guys. Thanks for the responses. I will shoot them an email and see if they can get their hands on some for me. Cant wait to get these on!!

·
Registered
41 Posts

thanks

I have the exact set up you are doing, Except I have BFG K02's (285 65 r20). everything fits perfect. you can get the bilsteins at

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...tl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_pDetail_productSpecs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not trying to hack this post but can either CamsRam or RAMrod post pictures of your set up? I am considering just the leveling kit and tires. Would like to see someones before I pull the trigger on this. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that looks good! I like the look of the stock sport wheels with some beefier tires.

Maxthegi.. I ordered my Bil's on Monday, should be here next week. Once i get them installed with the tires ill post some pics.

thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I appreciate it. I'm really hesitant on doing anything that will affect the driveline. The write up on leveling was awesome. Lifted my last truck and it destroyed axles, inner cv boots, and such. The truck wasn't a dodge so I'm just trying t do my research.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Now that looks good! I like the look of the stock sport wheels with some beefier tires.

Maxthegi.. I ordered my Bil's on Monday, should be here next week. Once i get them installed with the tires ill post some pics.

thanks again for the replies.
I have a 14 white sport and want to do bills at 2.1 with 285/65 tg g2 also...looking forward to hearing how it works. What part of Houston you in? Maybe we can meet up after you are done so I can see it in person.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 14 white sport and want to do bills at 2.1 with 285/65 tg g2 also...looking forward to hearing how it works. What part of Houston you in? Maybe we can meet up after you are done so I can see it in person.
I live in the Heights and work in the Galleria area. I'll snap some pics once i get it all done and post them. Getting them put on at Extreme Offroad in Katy for 150$ and getting the tires though Discount Tire for 296 a piece. Thats the best prices I found around Houston. The Bil's vary, they are on backorder everywhere right now but I found a guy who had 2 so ended up paying a bit more but usually you can get the pair for around 200$.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Man $150 seems like a good deal. I'm in Pearland. Thought about doing it myself but for $150 I may not bother.

Looking forward to your pictures! Also, if you have the opportunity to get a picture of it leveled with stock tires I'd be interested in seeing that as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man $150 seems like a good deal. I'm in Pearland. Thought about doing it myself but for $150 I may not bother.

Looking forward to your pictures! Also, if you have the opportunity to get a picture of it leveled with stock tires I'd be interested in seeing that as well.
Well the Bil's still aren't here and got a nail in the rear tire.. fronts are pretty bald so I'm going to try to throw the 285/65s on her stock.. Fingers Crossed that everything fits without rubbing and hopefully those Bils get here ASAP. I wont be able to do the stock tire pictures unless the fronts end up rubbing, then i'm thinking ill just ride around on the spare until my kit gets here. Its been shipping since last week.

I hope these G2s give me the look I want, i'm afraid they aren't going to be as aggressive.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bummer about the nail. I got a nail in one of my stock tires with only 400 miles on it....I was annoyed....but Discount tire plugged it, whatever. Still looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well the Bil's still aren't here and got a nail in the rear tire.. fronts are pretty bald so I'm going to try to throw the 285/65s on her stock.. Fingers Crossed that everything fits without rubbing and hopefully those Bils get here ASAP. I wont be able to do the stock tire pictures unless the fronts end up rubbing, then i'm thinking ill just ride around on the spare until my kit gets here. Its been shipping since last week.

I hope these G2s give me the look I want, i'm afraid they aren't going to be as aggressive.
Any pics you can share. I'm thinking of putting g2's on in the next couple days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alrightttt Here's the scoop..

Couldn't wait anymore for the tires, the back left had 2 nails in it (probably from driving all over the beach over the weekend in Texas). I got the G2s test fitted with no lift and BOOM they fit! No rub, no where. 285/65r20 on stock everything. Fit like a glove. They do look a bit "stuffed" up front and you can deff tell it needs a level, but i've had them on for a few days now and have gotten a few compliments. It seriously changes the whole look of it.. It looks like how a truck should look.

With my luck, someone posted the # to a suspension shop with the Bilstiens instock so I ordered those on friday.. they should be here sometime this week.. Anyway.. Here are some pics. Ill post more once I get the level put on. In all Honestly, the pics don't do justice. These look WAY more badass in person.

First observations.. I like em. I was in between the Trail Graps and these and extremely glad I went this route. They are perfect for what I need. You can hear a slight Hum on the highway but I don't mind it at all. The ride feels a bit smoother than the stockers. Overall extremely happy.

Sorry might have went a bit overboard with the pics! haha

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

image7.jpg

image9.jpg

image10.jpg

image16.jpg

image15.jpg

image20.jpg

image21.jpg

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Cool, I was looking for these tires without a level too. I have the Sport rims on my Big Horn with gloss black accents on the rims so I think this will be pretty nice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts