DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a black exhaust tip for my truck. It is a 3" tailpipe and I would like the outlet of the tip to be 4". I'm have no trouble finding chrome or stainless steel tips but I am having no luck at finding a black one.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do to get my hands on a black tip in this size?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to have a 3" inlet. I love the looks of what you sent to me but it's not quite the right sizing.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Get a 3" stainless steel tip and some black high temp paint!!!! hehehehehe

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Get a 3" stainless steel tip and some black high temp paint!!!! hehehehehe
That works as well i have done this before lol :smileup:

I was able to track down some MBRP 3.5" to 4" Black tips the part number for these are

T5112BLK

This is the only black 4" tip we have in stock :)

I can get these to you at the lowest price online.

If you find another tip you are interested in shoot my a pm, or a text, or just message me here and i would be more than happy to check if we stock it and ill get you a killer deal :smileup:

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

·
Registered
477 Posts
Getting the chrome ones and painting them works. Also Plastidip works. You just have to redo it on occasion. about every 4-5 months but at 6 bucks a can and one can will easily take care of both tips it was worth it to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
I used rustoleum gloss black on mine and have no issues at all so far. I dont think high temp paint is needed on tips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I had my 03 I was doing an all blacked out look on it. I had the Mopar polished stainless tip (3"in 4"out), I dropped it off at a powder coater here in town. I had it black ceramic coated for $40.00....had it for 4 years. Still looked perfect the day I traded it in. I hope this helps. You can find these tips on the forum classifieds and ebay pretty reasonably. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used rustoleum gloss black on mine and have no issues at all so far. I dont think high temp paint is needed on tips.
I have the single, not the duals, it doesnt get too hot! checked it after a two hour drive. like stated above, i don't think high temp paint is needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts