DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a thread for the Black Forest Green Pearl Coat, so I figured I'd start one. It's a rather illusive color to see, typically only noticeable on a sunny day and at high noon. Otherwise, most would assume it's just a black truck. It's a nice sunny day today, and coincidentally, I was walking out for lunch today right around noon when I snapped a pic. It's a lil dirty, hope to get a picture one weekend after a fresh wash.

So, here it is. Black Forest Green with a hint of road grime, dust and dirt:

And how it looks most of the time, black:

·
Super Moderator
34,463 Posts
Finally, I have been waiting for you to start the BFG thread the way you've been teasing us with your descriptions of its color changing beauty.

It really doesn't look dirty in the first pic.

If this thread gets busy enough I'll stick it with the rest of the popular pic threads

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Would like to see more pics of this color. If anyone has it, feel free to join in on this thread - represent! lol.

Think I saw a Jeep Wrangler in BFG yesterday on the way home. So hard to tell unless the sun hits it just right.

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I call my truck Bruce
As in Bruce Banner

For those of you that don't get it, that's the Hulk
Nice job, that's a good creative one. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Super Moderator
34,463 Posts
Thanks all. Would like to see more pics of this color. If anyone has it, feel free to join in on this thread - represent! lol.

Think I saw a Jeep Wrangler in BFG yesterday on the way home. So hard to tell unless the sun hits it just right.
I have seen a couple WK2 Grand Cherokees in the color

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very rare color, only seen one on a dealer lot. I dig it!
Thanks! I think there are only 2 or 3 other members (active) on here who have it. Curious to see if more pop out of the woodwork and post in here. When I do a cars.com 50 mile radius search in my area (and that covers a lot of dealerships in the D.C.-Balt metro), for new Ram 1500's, I don't see any listed as green. I thought maybe they could be categorized under black, but I didn't find any black forest green.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! I think there are only 2 or 3 other members (active) on here who have it. Curious to see if more pop out of the woodwork and post in here. When I do a cars.com 50 mile radius search in my area (and that covers a lot of dealerships in the D.C.-Balt metro), for new Ram 1500's, I don't see any listed as green. I thought maybe they could be categorized under black, but I didn't find any black forest green.
Saw one in Sacramento. We almost bought it, since green is my wife's favorite color, but she said it looked black unless under the right conditions. Black is her least favorite color. So we bought a white one.

I still like the BFG, though. :smileup:

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saw one in Sacramento. We almost bought it, since green is my wife's favorite color, but she said it looked black unless under the right conditions. Black is her least favorite color. So we bought a white one.

I still like the BFG, though. :smileup:
Yes, I can see not opting for BFG if black (which it does look like most of the time) is her least favorite color.

Congrats on your new Laramie!

·
Super Moderator
34,463 Posts
Kinda funny that they have a color that is the combination of her most and least favorite

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Out of the sun and in the sun, just not a good time of day. Just washed but only 14 degrees out and it froze before it could be dried. I better pic another day.
Nice! Thanks for posting a pic. I’ve never seen an HD in the BFG color. Looks great.

Couple more posts and maybe this thread will reach a sticky thread status up top. *cough* [hint] (mods). :D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts