DODGE RAM FORUM banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So after a long summer of Renos gave the truck a good wash down.
Then started waxing. For years I've just the turtle wax in the spray bottle and had good results, but hated the streaks I was seeing.

Anyone have any recommendations a good bfg friendly wax?
I just did my BFG truck a few weeks ago using Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax. I've used it in the past on my previous trucks and always had good results. I'm no expert detailer or anything, but I can wash and wax a truck pretty good. When I first bought the truck last October I had a professional detailer clay, wax and seal it since it had been sitting on the dealer lot for 7 months. So this was the first time waxing this one and just under a year later.

I just bought mine recently on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G18211-Ultimate-Paste-Wax/dp/B004HCS4PK

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was googling about this color and came across this forum. Figured I'd post a picture of my 2016. A while back I emailed FCA out of curiosity and in 2016 they made 293 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Longhorn's in BFG. Pretty rare color indeed. Also I noticed on the Ram website they have the color as an option if you build a 2019 but not for the 2020's?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice! Took mine out in the woods as well the second day of ownership.

You know, that's not a bad idea. I'm gong to consider it. Or maybe just A_BFG_in_MD ?
Fellow BFG from MD! Came across this forum while just researching the color of my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. Nice truck you have there! I still haven’t seen a Ram this color in person I hope I get to soon on a nice sunny day! Just wanted to say hi from another MD’er (Western that is).

-Take Care-

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Fellow BFG from MD! Came across this forum while just researching the color of my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. Nice truck you have there! I still haven’t seen a Ram this color in person I hope I get to soon on a nice sunny day! Just wanted to say hi from another MD’er (Western that is).

-Take Care-
Thank you sir! I actually traded that truck in for a 21’ Limited Longhorn last December. BFG is a great, unique color and I sure do miss it. That’s awesome you have it on your wrangler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thankful to see an example with replacing the chrome with black! Was trying to determine how it'd look. Just brought home my new to me 2016 Laramie longhorn in BFG, since my 2010 trx was totaled. Love this color. Love the brown leather interior. Love the airbag suspension. And Love the vented seats blowing up my waste gate lmao let's just say I'm in love and can't wait to get it paint corrected and coated and start blacking things out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was searching for touch up paint and this thread was in my search results so thought I would join in... I absolutely love the BFG "color-changer" - I have always had an affinity for a plain black truck (or car or suv; well just a black vehicle) but Forest Green is my favorite color so this is a great match. It is a little dirty but hey it is a truck after all...
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was searching for touch up paint and this thread was in my search results so thought I would join in... I absolutely love the BFG "color-changer" - I have always had an affinity for a plain black truck (or car or suv; well just a black vehicle) but Forest Green is my favorite color so this is a great match. It is a little dirty but hey it is a truck after all... View attachment 145381
Touch up paint from Mopar has been rather impossible to get lately. My orderes are all pended unitl 9/30 right now.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts