DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to add my 6 inch superlift and need to decide on wheels and tires. I am planning on running 18x9 w/35 inch semi aggressive mudders.

My truck is pearl black with Chrome...bumpers, grill, mirror and handles. Everything else is black.

I first thought of going with flat black but am wondering if my truck has too much chrome and black might look bad. Do I need to have all black everything to run black wheels? Would it look better with chrome? I know a lot of this is opinion, but I would hate to waste money on black if it will not match well. I have also thought about a combo black and polished wheel?

Help me out friends! I need to buy soon.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i'm a fan of black.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Since you have chrome accents i would go with the black and chrome combo. Find a nice black wheel with some chrome accenrs, that would go well with the whole truck theme.

I know of some qheels...the ones i have on my truck Moto Metal 951s, there are the new KMC Rock stars they look cool, Ultra Motorsports has a few combo wheels... that's all I know hahaha OH and BMF has a few. I thnk majority of the wheel makers have one in their lineus

E

·
0 Posts
I agree...you can split the color issue with a two tone wheel if ya want.

And just my .02 but if you are gonna leave the chrome on the truck, then I say go chrome wheels. If you are gonna remove most of the chrome and leave a little, then go two tone wheels.

If you are gonna take all the chrome off (murder it) then go black wheels.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got the same setup as you, minus I have black mirrors. My plan is to get rid of the black - small steps first, grill, then the bumpers and handles. I've settled on the MotoMetal 951 wheels, unless I find a pre-runner looking wheel I like more. But I really like the 951s. I'm getting them in black w/ the silver accents. Sharp, sharp wheel! Just debating on a 17" or 18" wheel. I'll be getting a 4" lift and running 35" tires. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks,
I am still trying to figure out which direction. I don't intend to switch out the chrome (too much money). I am now thinking Chrome wheels or Black with Accents. Ideally I would love to black it out but don't want to cough up the cash right now and maybe never. According to you guys, it sounds like chrome would match the best but I could go combo and it would look good. Am I right?

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
lookin good bud...my buddy also has a set of them on his ram

1 - 20 of 20 Posts