DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought it, my truck didn't come with fog lights installed. I am shopping around for some and am wondering if anyone knows of fog lights that have a black or subdued look to them when they are off? I think that might look pretty slick but I haven't found any.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Sounds like something you would have to do yourself. Ive seen lots of headlight housings like your talking about but never fog light housings

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered the Spec-D smoked fog light kit from Autoanything, but I don't know if they would fit a 2008. According to Autoanything they are only good through 2005, so maybe the bumper changed after 2005, I'm not sure. I haven't installed them yet because the kit did not come with bezels (my truck is like yours and didn't have fog lights already). I am waiting on bezels to arrive. Just make sure if you buy a kit somewhere to check and see if it comes with bezels or not.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I like those - where'd you get them from? I'm not finding anything on Google.
Sorry, my bad. Spectre is a type of air filter. They are SPYDER fog lamps and I picked mine up off of carid.com. Here's a link. They are halos, but they bad kind that only have 2 tiny LEDs in the bottom shining into a bezeled ring. I replaced that ring with a proper set of LED halos from AAC (the chrysler 300C fog ring fits perfectly).
http://www.carid.com/2006-dodge-ram-headlights/spyder-halo-projector-fog-lights-315820.html

Also, since yours didn't come with the lamps stock, you'll need to buy the headlamp/fog switch from the dealer and have them activate in the TIPCM; or you can buy the entire wiring kit and just have it on an independant switch and sell the stock lamps (they're in high demand).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those are sick looking! I like it - but on CarID it says they are only for an 06 Ram. When I look it up for an 08, the SPYDER isn't listed. It will still fit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts