DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got mine fixed and didn’t pay anything. Here is what you need to do:

1. Call Uconnect while you are in your truck. Have your Vin number ready. Explain your issue and they will guide you through some troubleshooting that won’t do anything except waste your time. The goal is to get them to open a claim in their system and get a claim number! You might have to hang up and call back to get someone competent. The call center in India was no help at all! You have to get to the center in the US.

2. Make an appointment at your local dealership. Tell them your issue and make sure that they complete a full diagnosis. Get the results of that diagnosis. It should say that the issue is due to a failed over the air update.

3. Call Uconnect back.Tell them the results of the diagnosis (failed software update) They will upgrade your case and will assign it to a case manager.

4. The case manager will eventually look at the case and call you and talk over some details. They will then call the dealership to verify the results of the diagnosis.

5. Uconnect case manager will approve the replacement radio.

6. Schedule another appointment at your local dealership for radio replacement

7.Radio gets replaced! Yay!

This process took me about 2 weeks and I brought my truck to the dealership 5 times! You will have to constantly call and harass Uconnect because they will not call you back. It was a painful process but totally worth it for a free radio replacement! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was your truck still under warranty? How did you get the dealership to do the diagnosis for free or did you pay them to do that? I’m sorry for the questions my truck is a 2015 and I bought it used just trying to figure out what is going wrong with it. Also did you have the GPS problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My truck is a 2017 and is not under warranty. Uconnect covers the cost of everything, including the diagnosis, as long as you have that claim number from them.

I did not have the gps issue. My screen was getting stuck on the start up Ram/SiriusXM screen or sometimes would just stay completely black.

Uconnect told me that the latest over the air update has been causing a variety of issues for a large number of their customers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So does the radio have to "fail" while at the dealership or do they just take your word that the radio sometimes does not boot up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes hey
I have a 2013 ram 1500
I had recently had taken off my stock stereo and put in another newer wider ram stock screen and it got busted the screen and I have decided to put in my old stock 2 button radio back in.i have plugged in correctly and it didn’t turn on at all so I checked the fuses and resetting the battery and still nothing turns on .i want to know how could I fix it or if I can take it to the dealer

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 is doing this same thing. It will play then shut off, be off for 1/2 mins then come back on. It did it 5 times within a 30 min span. Has anyone figured out the problem they were having?

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
My 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 is doing this same thing. It will play then shut off, be off for 1/2 mins then come back on. It did it 5 times within a 30 min span. Has anyone figured out the problem they were having?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I wonder if these radio issues are being caused by the same thing I had with a tv with a black screen. The problem was resolved by putting the Power board in the oven for 10 minutes at 380* and then let it cool. My tv was saved and is now being used by my son. If your radio is not covered under warranty and you have some skills at disassembling it would be worth a try to save the brick. What the process does is reflow the solder that probably has cold solder joints.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Contact Uconnect before putting your expensive radio in the oven... They are admitting to their mistakes after hundreds of complaints due to a failed over the air update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having problems with my 8.4 since last week.. haven’t figured the problem but I found a blown inline fuse that has blown another fuse.. are there fuses in the radio as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help, on my 2017 Ram lone star the radios is going black it doesn’t work, maybe it works for a little bit, its just giving me a lot of problems.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I need help, on my 2017 Ram lone star the radios is going black it doesn’t work, maybe it works for a little bit, its just giving me a lot of problems.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

41 - 53 of 53 Posts